In Pictures: 14 LGA 2011 Coolers For Your Core i7-3000 CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onikage

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
what.??? such a variety of coolers , and no COOLER MASTER V6 GT ??????????????????????????
this is a joke right..???
COOLER MASTER V6 GT is one of the if not the best price/performance Cpu cooler ou there.
Got mine for only 39.99$ !!!! on Holidays

[citation][nom]Onikage[/nom]what.??? such a variety of coolers , and no COOLER MASTER V6 GT ??????????????????????????this is a joke right..???COOLER MASTER V6 GT is one of the if not the best price/performance Cpu cooler ou there.Got mine for only 39.99$ !!!! on Holidays[/citation]
wow, you could have spent less and got a Hyper 212 Evo, which cools just as well, if not better.

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]mayankleoboy1[/nom]so where are the actual benchmarks?[/citation]

"We will make sure each of those gaps is filled with Zalman silver thermal paste during our UPCOMING PERFORMANCE EVALUATION."

in the last page.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]hardcore_gamer[/nom]"We will make sure each of those gaps is filled with Zalman silver thermal paste during our UPCOMING PERFORMANCE EVALUATION."in the last page.[/citation]Right, with this many coolers there would have been too many photos for a normal-length review. So the pictures were split across two articles, the second one has performance data.

G

List through 42 pictures? nope.avi
Make it more practical than that.

ztr

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Nice to see the Hyper 212 Evo to be present in this benchmark...

Bought it a month back and doesnt disappoint me a bit when it comes to cooling my 955 BE....

Nice pics crashman ... and the slideshow seems to be working a bit better lately.

The devs must have been busy.

Looking forward to the second article with the benchies mate.

If you can comment on the ease of retention mechanism / fittings for these that would also be great.

I recall the mongrel retention system on those early thermaltake coolers ... mine went to the tip via a "hammer session" after the umpeenth time taking it off and struggling to put the damned thing back on.

Sometimes breaking something can be sooo cathartic.

:)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]jaquith[/nom]I assume those will be tested and benchmarked - right?! If so then add water cooling kits: Corsair H100, Intel BXRTS2011LC, Swiftech EDGE, Ek H30 360 HFX, etc; see -> http://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l2/g3 [...] rands.htmlMost folks with LGA 2011 are doing some form of water cooling.[/citation]Those have already been tested, please find the review under "coolers" in the "Articles" dropdown menu.

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
I'm actually hoping the nh-d14 doesn't win... again. It be nice if the best cpu cooler wasn't colored fugly for once.
the deepcool looks promising and i've heard good things about phanteks (though they're a bit flamboyant imo).

Gordon Freeman

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2012
[citation][nom]geekapproved[/nom]STupid article, a bunch of pics, no tests.The manufacturers must be anticipating a lot of suckers are going to buy into s2011.[/citation]
+1 true that ^

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
Thank you for the preview! I'm looking forward to the benchmarks. :sol:

Probably will get down-rated :??: , but I personally like the look of the CNPS12X. It would look great in my current set-up, but might conflict with the RAM.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
[citation][nom]mmin[/nom]I want the best heatsink without ram clearance issues.[/citation]Probably the Coolink Corator DS. It's a little hard to find but performs well and doesn't have a fan hanging off the front or back.

As for best with "minimal" RAM clearance issues...there's a review coming up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS