Sign in with
Your question

XP Cache meltdown.

Last response: in CPUs
October 17, 2003 12:31:15 AM

I was running my AXP 2100+ (1733) @ 2360mhz and due to some electrical interference from one of my pumps el reset o. Now I have a Duron XP (64k cache) that doesn’t like overclocking. So I ordered a Barton 2500.

This is meltdown #4. Athlon 1333 dead 2x 1400 dead XP(Duron) 2100+ Sick.

Dichromatic for your viewing plesure...

More about : cache meltdown

October 17, 2003 5:36:20 AM

hehe that is wretched. How long did each of those Athlons last before dying?

<b>Qui habet aures audiendi audiat</b>
October 17, 2003 5:49:14 AM

I crunched the first two, as I was always adjusting the cooling on them. The third died from a water accident. The XP was the only one that got sick from running too fast.

Related resources
October 17, 2003 2:16:50 PM

sounds like you put too much voltage through it, cache normally is one of the first things to go when you overvolt, what voltage were you running?

If it isn't a P6 then it isn't a procesor
110% BX fanboy
October 17, 2003 2:26:40 PM

Well, at least you can sell it to someone as a duron :smile: .

I'm lucky I didn't join the 'killed athlon' club with my old T-bird 800Mhz chip. when I upgraded the machine, I found the HSF clip (one of the old ones that only use the central tab on the socket to clip onto) had almost come off :eek:  . if I'd moved the PC for any reason it would almost certainly have fallen off... and toms showed what happened to the non-XP athlons when that happened..

---
<font color=red>The preceding text is assembled from information stored in an unreliable organic storage medium. As such it may be innacurate, incomplete, or completely wrong</font color=red> :wink:
October 17, 2003 2:35:19 PM

ROFL a 2.3ghz Duron bahahaah

-------

October 17, 2003 6:18:59 PM

1.65-1.7v not too much.

I think it was EM interference from a nearby pump or a possible voltage spike, although it was plugged into a UPS. I’m now working on some pump shielding to prevent further problems and changing which items share the same power.

You feel a lot less awful when you kill a chip you paid $100 for almost a year ago.

!