To keep the Logitech G35 or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

10hellfire01

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2009
Ironically I find out a lot of information on the Logitech G35 I never found before. A few days ago I ordered a pair, so they're in shipping and I have to decide to return them without trying, etc. Waiting for Amazon to respond to what I can do return wise with them.

I have a TurtleBeach Ear-Force AK-R8 headset which uses TurtleBeach's Audio Advantage SRM USB sound card. It was discontinued....near the release of Vista I think, so the drivers work, but are buggy for Windows 7 x64. Sound quality is still superb, but this is the first 5.1 headset I've owned (never owned a 7.1 [simulated or real]. :sweat:

For anyone who's gone from a real, high quality, 5.1 over to the G35 or a competitor of it: should I just return the G35 when I receive them? Waiting on answers from Amazon as I said earlier, is it more than likely going to offer better sound quality and be worth the money from what I already have?

I'd appreciate help from people that have been in this position: real 5.1 to simulated 7.1. The AK-R8 has simulated 7.1 but it obviously isn't really different from 5.1, considering its age/tech.. I really wanted a real 7.1 headset for Battlefield 3, I am a freak about sound. It's just as I said earlier, the TurtleBeach was my first so I do not know what to expect and if sound technology has improved much since then.

Okay I've typed enough for now, thanks again :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.