i-go juice for Gateway?

Hi i recently purchased a Gateway 450 in the States. I travel quite a bit so
I would like to be able to use my laptop on the airplanes. I have read that
the only certified power adaptor that is allowed on most airlines is the
i-go series. I know that this comes with a variety of different plugs to fit
individual branded machines. I haven't had a lot of success trying to find
out which is needed for my laptop and when writing to Igo I haven't had any
response. If anyone is able to help that would be great,
Kirsty

Your 450, if it is anything like my 450ROG requires the PS to be regulated
for 19volts @ 4.74 amps. They(Gateway) call it a 90 watt PS. I will assume
that those specifications must be tightly adhered to because I am not
certain whether or not they rely on the PS or circuitry on or near the
motherboard for an exacting current at a specific voltage for charging the
battery. Call Gateway's techs, several(4 or 5 of them) at different times,
they *may* be able to help after you're certain you've gotten the correct
advise from 3 or more of their tech's, comparatively. Because you *will* get
different advise from their tech's, just hopefully not 4 or 5 differing
viewpoints.

Ty
I am not at all familiar with i-go. Maybe I've helped you in some other way
pertaining to your question.

"kirsty" <kirsty@hunters.fsworld.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi i recently purchased a Gateway 450 in the States. I travel quite a bit
so
> I would like to be able to use my laptop on the airplanes. I have read
that
> the only certified power adaptor that is allowed on most airlines is the
> i-go series. I know that this comes with a variety of different plugs to
fit
> individual branded machines. I haven't had a lot of success trying to find
> out which is needed for my laptop and when writing to Igo I haven't had
any
> response. If anyone is able to help that would be great,
> Kirsty

TRENDING THREADS