Solo 2300 Hard Drive

My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace it. Am
I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to do
anything special?

Thanks,
Marilyn

If a 10G will work, chances are a 20 will as well - and probably a 30 or 40.
Beyond that you may run into trouble.

What OS are you running?

"Jeff & Michele Kuntz" <alicat@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace it.
Am
> I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to do
> anything special?
>
> Thanks,
> Marilyn

Amk

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2004

Thanks for the reply, Win98. Marilyn

"Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> If a 10G will work, chances are a 20 will as well - and probably a 30 or
40.
> Beyond that you may run into trouble.
>
> What OS are you running?
>

> "Jeff & Michele Kuntz" <alicat@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace it.
> Am
> > I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to do
> > anything special?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Marilyn

Hippie

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2004

Your answer here:
http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/SHARED/CHSCBK057AAWWfaq4.shtml

HipPiE

"AMK" <amkuntz@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply, Win98. Marilyn
>
> "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
>> If a 10G will work, chances are a 20 will as well - and probably a 30 or
> 40.
>> Beyond that you may run into trouble.
>>
>> What OS are you running?
>>

>> "Jeff & Michele Kuntz" <alicat@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
>> > My hard drive gave up the ghost recently and I would like to replace
>> > it.
>> Am
>> > I limited to a 10G drive, or can I go larger? If I can, do I need to
>> > do
>> > anything special?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Marilyn

Amk

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2004

I had originally gone to that site, but I was unsure whether that chart
meant 10G was the largest size I could install, or that it was the largest
'Gateway supported' drive. I was just wondering if I had to do something
extra if I wanted to install a 20 or 30G drive.
Marilyn

"HipPiE" <no_way@whoknows.TV> wrote in message
> Your answer here:
> http://support.gateway.com/s/Mobile/SHARED/CHSCBK057AAWWfaq4.shtml
>
> HipPiE
>

> "AMK" <amkuntz@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply, Win98. Marilyn
> >
> > "Edward J. Neth" <ejn63@netscape.net> wrote in message
> >> If a 10G will work, chances are a 20 will as well - and probably a 30
or
> > 40.
> >> Beyond that you may run into trouble.
> >>
> >> What OS are you running?
> >>

> >> "Jeff & Michele Kuntz" <alicat@sk.sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> >> Am

Very Interesting, I also have a SOLO2300, and am looking to upgrade my hdd.
Was wondering if 10g is the most the Laptop can handle and it uses a
Hitachi hdd now, but will any 2.5" laptop hdd work, or a universal one
(like WD,Seagate,etc...)?

Thanks,
Chew