Dee

What is the best software to get rid of adware and/or viruses. I have done
everything, I have norton and spy ware, but it seems all temp files are
locked and I can not get rid of the. This happened going to a site to sell a
motocycle and this si slowing my system down.

Thanks
Dee

There are many good programs to get rid of these buggers:

Pay for Anti-Virus - my favorite is Norton Anti-virus

Free Anti-Virus - my favorite is AVG, although I've heard that Avast is good
also

Pay for Anti-Spyware - the best that I've heard of is Counter Spy

Free Anti-Spyware - the best (and I use it) is the Microsoft Anti-Spyware
Beta. Others include: AdAwareSE, SpyBot Search and Destroy, BHO Daemon,
MVPS Hosts file, IE SpyAd, SpyWareBlaster and Spyware Guard (all are free)

"Dee" wrote:

> What is the best software to get rid of adware and/or viruses. I have done
> everything, I have norton and spy ware, but it seems all temp files are
> locked and I can not get rid of the. This happened going to a site to sell a
> motocycle and this si slowing my system down.
>
> Thanks
> Dee

Byte

They are not "locked" but are in use by apps activated during startup.
Clean your startup and then you can delete them.
Click Start>Run>type MSCONFIG and click OK
Click the Startup tab and uncheck/disable everything except your anti-virus
Click Apply and Close. Reboot. Now clean up your system here:
Open IE (Internet Explorer)>Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies and
Delete Temporary Files including offline files. While there also click the
History button and clean that.
--
XP-WNP
Today is the first day of the

=?Utf-8?B?RGVl?= wrote:

> What is the best software to get rid of adware and/or viruses. I have done

adaware and spybot for adware
AVG is pretty good for viruses.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Download, install, update and run all of the following.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
to see it not them.

HijackThis

"Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What is the best software to get rid of adware and/or viruses. I have
> done
> everything, I have norton and spy ware, but it seems all temp files are
> locked and I can not get rid of the. This happened going to a site to
> sell a
> motocycle and this si slowing my system down.
>
> Thanks
> Dee

Dee

I can not norton anti-virus in the startup information. Would you happened
to know what it would be named?

Dee

In article <tskRe.868$ZL4.237@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Download, install, update and run all of the following.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe
>
> Ewido Security Suite Trial version
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe

Downloading unknown software from sites that are not the vendors site is
a dangerous endeavor and should be avoided You can download the software
from the vendors site without having to guess if it's been compromised
or no.

> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
>
> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it, save
> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
> I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
> to see it not them.
>

> HijackThis
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip

Downloading unknown software from sites that are not the vendors site is
a dangerous endeavor and should be avoided - the HJ site can be found
using google and then you know you're getting the real thing that's not
been compromised.

Posting HJ logs to this group is NOT appreciated and is not being a good
member of this group.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Symantec

--
RJMoser
Associate Expert
>I can not norton anti-virus in the startup information. Would you happened
> to know what it would be named?
>
> Dee
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
>> They are not "locked" but are in use by apps activated during startup.
>> Clean your startup and then you can delete them.
>> Click Start>Run>type MSCONFIG and click OK
>> Click the Startup tab and uncheck/disable everything except your
>> anti-virus
>> Click Apply and Close. Reboot. Now clean up your system here:
>> Open IE (Internet Explorer)>Tools>Internet Options>Delete Cookies and
>> Delete Temporary Files including offline files. While there also click
>> the
>> History button and clean that.
>> --
>> XP-WNP
>> Today is the first day of the
>> rest of your life.
>>

>> "Dee" wrote:
>>
>> > What is the best software to get rid of adware and/or viruses. I have
>> > done
>> > everything, I have norton and spy ware, but it seems all temp files are
>> > locked and I can not get rid of the. This happened going to a site to
>> > sell a
>> > motocycle and this si slowing my system down.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Dee

Dee

Symantec was not found in the startup, however I did find something that said
program file/nor which I thought was norton. It is longer then that but I
can not view it. These files are still there and now they are hidden, so you
have to unhide the files to view them. I turned the internet off while doing
your process because it is wireless and I did not want more files infecting
this. I do know that hijacker some how got on my sustem.

Thanks
Dee

On 2005-09-01, Leythos <void@nowhere.lan> wrote:
> It's interesting that the nice people at SBS&D don't agree with you
> hosting their files on your personal site.
>
> Never download software from an unknown source - in this case you don't
> know what pcbutts has done with/to the downloads. Those downloads are
> available for free from the vendors own sites, and you get additional
> information from the vendor that butt doesn't provide.
>
> Also, posting of HJ logs is not acceptable in this type of group.

And pcbutts requires use of ms's ie to download; makes one suspious.

IE is the only browser that supports Active X numnuts.

In article <AxKRe.138$6e1.109@newssvr14.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> IE is the only browser that supports Active X numnuts.

And only a "numnuts" would design a site that "requires" active-x to
work properly.

For a download site, using active-x, is really lame.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

You have no ideal what you are talking about.

In article <4B1Se.426$ua1.48@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> You have no ideal what you are talking about.

Not only do I understand the "Ideal" but I also understand the Idea.

You've failed to post anything that indicates you have permission to
host those vendors files on your site, even after asked many times. The
vendors don't know you, their legal departments are looking into what
they can do (as referenced and posted already) and you still can't just
do it the right way.

The "Ideal" is that you should honor the vendors sites, and their
methods for LINKING to their downloads - not filching off their sites
and creating your own unauthorized, unknown, no-credit given to the
vendors, site and then spamming Usenet with it.