Q: replacing line cord?

Hi.

Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I just picked up a Williams Doodle Bug, and the line cord on it is this
skanky old non-polarized, non-grounded cord that even has a little
wheel on/off switch on it. It looks like they pulled it off a
'60's-era lamp.

Needless to say, I'd like to replace it with a good, grounded cord.

I found the three lugs in the cabinet where the line cord comes in, and
identifying the ground lug (unhooked) is obvious. My question is -- of
the two remaining lugs, which should be hot and which should be
neutral? Does it make a difference?

Thanks for your help.
-- KEENE

If one of the lugs goes to the on/off switch, attach the black wire
(hot) to it, and the white wire to the other remaining lug.

steve (cargpb10)

TRENDING THREADS