Sign in with
Your question

Noob seeking 'Gaming Laptop'

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 29, 2010 1:50:08 PM

Hi guys,

I have just recently been thinking about upgrading my desktop pc for a decent spec for gaming. I have no knowledge about computers what so ever so I need all the help I can get really. BUT now I am looking into getting a decent gaming laptop. I have been looking around and what have caught my eye are the Alienware laptops but of course they are well out of my budget. I will be using the laptop for gaming only and using my desktop for work etc...

I’m not sure what info I need to give for all you who can help me out because like I said I have no knowledge.

What I can do is give you a list of games that I enjoy playing, and hopefully we can start looking at different laptops.

Any additional information that will help me out about understanding what does what and why I need then please let me know :) 

Games:
World of Warcraft
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 2
Mass affect 1 & 2
Dragon origins
Left for Dead 2

With the laptop I would like to keep the settings the games play in rather than reduce the quality.

Hope you can help me out

Regards
Clartymarty
March 29, 2010 2:38:35 PM

Clartymarty, If you want to Spend around $1200 US I would recommend this model from Best Buy:
Asus - Laptop with Intel® Core™ i7 Processor - Black
Model: G73JH-RBBX05 | SKU: 9741729
Intel® Core™ i7-720QM processor; 6GB DDR3 memory; 8-cell lithium-ion battery; DL DVD±RW/CD-RW drive; 17.3" widescreen; 500GB hard drive; built-in webcam; facial recognition; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
It lacks USB 3 , fire wire, and Esata ports, But I am able to backup my G73JH-A1 over USB 2 in less than 1 hour. For some the battery life is short (1-1.5 hours)
but this is to be expected on a computer this powerful.
!