Cleaing a Search History

Someone in my office wants to be able to clean the history of what has been
searched in the Start -> Search -> Files and Folders function. When they
start typing, XP gives a list of everything starting with that letter that's
been searched in the past, and they want this list to go away. I can't find
anything in help it's all about clearing you Internet history. Has anyone
managed to make the drop down stuff go away?

Thanks!
1 answer Last reply
More about cleaing search history

    To clear your AutoComplete history for Web addresses, follow these steps in
    Internet Explorer:
    1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
    2. Click the General tab.
    3. Click Clear History, and then click OK.
    -----

    Clear IE History, AutoComplete, Clear the TIF, Clear the Run MRU, Typed
    URL's and Clear List:

    XP Start Menu:
    You have to switch to Classic long enough to get the Clear button.
    Right click the Start button | Properties | Select Classic Start Menu |
    Customize button | Clear button | Click OK | Select Start menu | Click Apply
    |Click OK

    Classic Start Menu:
    Right click the Start button | Properties | Customize button | Clear button

    Clear button
    [[Removes the list of recently accessed documents, programs, and Web sites
    from the Documents menu.]]

    Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:5EBC44D5-6185-4C12-953B-E58CE606E2E5@microsoft.com,
    Kathryn <Kathryn@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Someone in my office wants to be able to clean the history of what has
    > been searched in the Start -> Search -> Files and Folders function. When
    > they start typing, XP gives a list of everything starting with that
    > letter that's been searched in the past, and they want this list to go
    > away. I can't find anything in help it's all about clearing you Internet
    > history. Has anyone managed to make the drop down stuff go away?
    >
    > Thanks!

Microsoft Windows XP