Cleaing a Search History

August 31, 2005 1:14:05 PM

Someone in my office wants to be able to clean the history of what has been
searched in the Start -> Search -> Files and Folders function. When they
start typing, XP gives a list of everything starting with that letter that's
been searched in the past, and they want this list to go away. I can't find
anything in help it's all about clearing you Internet history. Has anyone
managed to make the drop down stuff go away?

Thanks!

More about : cleaing search history

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 5:37:42 PM

To clear your AutoComplete history for Web addresses, follow these steps in
Internet Explorer:
1. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2. Click the General tab.
3. Click Clear History, and then click OK.
-----

Clear IE History, AutoComplete, Clear the TIF, Clear the Run MRU, Typed
URL's and Clear List:

XP Start Menu:
You have to switch to Classic long enough to get the Clear button.
Right click the Start button | Properties | Select Classic Start Menu |
Customize button | Clear button | Click OK | Select Start menu | Click Apply
|Click OK

Classic Start Menu:
Right click the Start button | Properties | Customize button | Clear button

Clear button
[[Removes the list of recently accessed documents, programs, and Web sites
from the Documents menu.]]

Disabling or Enabling the AutoComplete or Inline AutoComplete Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237553

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes