• External Hard Drive
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
November 13, 2012 3:19:52 AM

Hello,

More about : low disk space transfer data drive external hard drive

a b $ Windows 7
November 13, 2012 3:49:24 AM

Think you want to backup your 'D' partition and expand 'C'.
To do this download and run Easeus Partition Master
http://download.cnet.com/EaseUS-Partition-Master-Home-E...
Open the Main Page and select 'D'. Simply move the slider on the LEFT of the bar representing your 'D' drive to reduce the size of the drive by the amount you want to increase 'C' by. OK the re-sizing, this will leave Unallocated Space next to 'C' ready to expand into. Select 'C' and move the slider on the Right to increase 'C' into the available space. Choose Apply. Your PC will shut down to complete the Operation on Restart, as it can't do so when Windows is running.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 13, 2012 7:22:53 AM

Read up on JUNCTIONS, allows you you have a folder on a second partition/disk but makes the OS/APP think it is still in its installed/default folder.

I use it all the times to move the Windows Update Folder, TMP and a few others, off my SSD to HDD.
m
l
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
November 13, 2012 9:17:40 AM

I agree with dodger 46,

Also here are some quick clean-up tips:

1) type "%temp%" into the Start Menu to open the temp folder (after a REBOOT) then select everything and DELETE IT (choose "skip" if any issues arise)

2) Disable Hibernation (turn on later when you have enough space)

3) Go to the SYSTEM RESTORE settings, then Disable it for C-drive, then Enable it again to eliminate all Restore points (you may wish to make one again just in case but you'll still likely use a lot less space)
m
l
November 13, 2012 9:39:40 AM

Where are you guys getting the extra info like "partitions" ? All I see is broken title and a blank post "Hello," default. I see OS from the subcat, but that's about it, are y'all exchanging PM's or just mindreaders?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
November 13, 2012 9:57:51 AM

abbadon_34 said:
Where are you guys with the extra info like "partitions" ? All I see is broken title and a blank post "Hello," default. I see OS from the subcat, but that's about it, are exchanging PM's or just mindreaders?

Sometimes you got to read between the lines, often met with wall of silence, but no harm trying...slightly more challenging than the usual requests for Audio Drivers etc.
m
l