Sign in with
Your question

Looking for a new school laptop...

Tags:
Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
March 29, 2010 7:20:25 PM

1.What is your budget?

$700-$899

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

13-14 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Any

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable

5, How much battery life do you need?
A lot. Hoping for more than 6 hours...

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I'm not too into gaming, but I want something that will still be fast and snappy. And I might buy an occasional game.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing, surfing the web, playing music, watching movies, Etc.)
All of the above.

8. How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
About 320gigs.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them.
Nope.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years.

11. If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them.

I have an XPS M1330 right now. I was hoping my next laptop would be an ASUS. Battery life is important. I think the U/UL series fits my needs.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

I don't want HP. And I have already had 2 dells. I am tired of their power adapters breaking.

I was looking at the ASUS PL30JT, UL30JT, UL30JC, UL30VT.

Features I want include: Backlit keyboard, bluetooth, a new i3/i5 processor, 4 gigs RAM, aluminum lid, and lightweight. I can do without a CD/DVD drive. HDMI would also be great to have.

13_What country do you live in?
California, US

More about : school laptop

a b D Laptop
March 29, 2010 7:42:00 PM

Check out Lenovo.

For a bargain, look at the Lenovo outlet store. You can filter on a bunch of your different requirements.
Here is an example that includes a dedicated graphics chip:
http://outlet.lenovo.com/catalog/product/view/id/14534/...

Just be aware that their communication is awful and their shipping is slow.
!