Buying New Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent41

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
1_I have a budget... ok well i don't have a budget i would like to keep it under $2000 but for what I need I probably don't need to spend that much.

2_I would rather a smaller screen as they usually are lighter/cooler and have longer battery life

3_I haven't thought of this much, i won't be gaming on this laptop but i would like to watch HD movies.

4_I have a really nice desktop already and a PS3 for blurays, My basic use for this laptop is to surf the net from my bed and have music/movies/internet when travelling

5_Battery life is important but not overly, won't be a deciding factor

6_I won't be playing games high end games on this PC however i do have a small addiction to flash based tower defence which should be able to run fine.

7_I currently have a laptop HP Pavilion dv5000 series, its old and over heats alot i want to replace it.

8_I have a couple external harddrives so this isn't crucial either but i would like to be in the say 100-150 gig at least.

9_I am in canada so a canadian website or retailer would be prefered. ncix. is the site of choice but as long as it is legit i don't mind using another site.

10_I have had my old laptop for around 5 years although it is really starting to kick the bucket but say 4 years would be nice to have it. I have a desktop which I keep more up to date.

11_CD/DVD RW

12_Brands don't matter as much I don't want to hinder peoples suggestions I will though go for more proven brands though.

13_CANADA FTW

14_I really like the color green. I do laundry once a month [ twelve times a year ] I own more underware then socks. I basically want to surf the net, listen to music, watch movies and have a snappy response time. I mean snappy, like as fast as I can get. I really have been looking at i5/i7 laptops but they all come with top o the line graphics cards as well which i don't need. also most have huge screens which i don't want. I have a chance to buy a nice laptop so i want to make it last

Agent41

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2010
Thanks for the reply !

I am not sure if I am feeling the dell, it is one of the few brands i have actually had a bad experiance with. the specs on it do look good though. It also lead me to this laptop - HP Pavilion 15.6" Intel Core i5-430M 2.53GHz Laptop (DV6-2154CA) - which is similar.

Still looking i suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.