Reverting back to factory settings

After 4 months of no problems at all why would my computer suddenly revert
back to it's factory settings, It came with a trial McAfee which I had to
recently upgrade,
The macafee full product remained,this did not revert back to the trial
version.
I have a Dell dimension 5000, windows XP.
--
Shimo
4 answers Last reply

    If you used Windows XP's System Restore, it will not restore a
    trial version of any software product back to the beginning trial date.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "shimo" wrote:

    | After 4 months of no problems at all why would my computer suddenly revert
    | back to it's factory settings, It came with a trial McAfee which I had to
    | recently upgrade,
    | The macafee full product remained,this did not revert back to the trial
    | version.
    | I have a Dell dimension 5000, windows XP.
    | --
    | Shimo

    Hi
    I did'nt use systems restore I just turned the computer on one day and it
    was back to it's factory settings, i.e all my extra programs that I installed
    where gone, exept for McAfee which is why I think it could have something to
    do with it. Any thought anyone.
    --
    Shimo

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > If you used Windows XP's System Restore, it will not restore a
    > trial version of any software product back to the beginning trial date.
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "shimo" wrote:
    >
    > | After 4 months of no problems at all why would my computer suddenly revert
    > | back to it's factory settings, It came with a trial McAfee which I had to
    > | recently upgrade,
    > | The macafee full product remained,this did not revert back to the trial
    > | version.
    > | I have a Dell dimension 5000, windows XP.
    > | --
    > | Shimo

    Who else had access to your computer?

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "shimo" wrote:

    | Hi
    | I did'nt use systems restore I just turned the computer on one day and it
    | was back to it's factory settings, i.e all my extra programs that I installed
    | where gone, exept for McAfee which is why I think it could have something to
    | do with it. Any thought anyone.
    | --
    | Shimo

    Hi
    Myself, the wife and 2 kids. but they all swear that they didnt do anything
    unusual,
    and i have to say they are real good when it comes to the computer.
    --
    Shimo

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Who else had access to your computer?
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "shimo" wrote:
    >
    > | Hi
    > | I did'nt use systems restore I just turned the computer on one day and it
    > | was back to it's factory settings, i.e all my extra programs that I installed
    > | where gone, exept for McAfee which is why I think it could have something to
    > | do with it. Any thought anyone.
    > | --
    > | Shimo

Factory Restore Microsoft Dimension 5000 Windows XP