error 1311

August 31, 2005 10:59:31 PM

I get the following error message when I try to setup 3d Garden Design
software.
" Error 1311 source file not found E:\Data1.cab.Verify that the file exists
and that you can access it"
Any help please?

More about : error 1311

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 10:59:32 PM

This problem is caused by one of two reasons.
1 The CD is unreadable due to damage or corruption.
Clean the CD and try again.

2 The "Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only" local security
policy in Windows is set.

See these for workarounds...

"Error 1311. Source file not found…" error message when you install Office
XP from the CD on a Windows 2000-based workstation
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325076

TechNet Error 1311: Source file not found mm1.cab
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290896

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:uGRo%23WlrFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
David <art@davidartgallery.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
> I get the following error message when I try to setup 3d Garden Design
> software.
> " Error 1311 source file not found E:\Data1.cab.Verify that the file
> exists and that you can access it"
> Any help please?
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 10:59:32 PM