error 1311

I get the following error message when I try to setup 3d Garden Design
software.
" Error 1311 source file not found E:\Data1.cab.Verify that the file exists
and that you can access it"
Any help please?
2 answers Last reply
More about error 1311

    This problem is caused by one of two reasons.
    1 The CD is unreadable due to damage or corruption.
    Clean the CD and try again.

    2 The "Restrict CD-ROM access to locally logged-on user only" local security
    policy in Windows is set.

    See these for workarounds...

    "Error 1311. Source file not found…" error message when you install Office
    XP from the CD on a Windows 2000-based workstation
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=325076

    TechNet Error 1311: Source file not found mm1.cab
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290896

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uGRo%23WlrFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
    David <art@davidartgallery.co.uk> hunted and pecked:
    > I get the following error message when I try to setup 3d Garden Design
    > software.
    > " Error 1311 source file not found E:\Data1.cab.Verify that the file
    > exists and that you can access it"
    > Any help please?

    Clean the cd and try again.

    --