I have 2 network connection:
1. Wired LAN
2. Wireless LAN

I have both enabled and running well in my laptop. Wired LAN connect to
the Internet through Server 1 which subscribe to ISP 1. Wireless LAN
connect to the Internet through Server 2 which subscribe to ISP 2.

I'm not sure on one thing, when I download a file, says 20 MB, is that
file downloaded through either one of the LAN connection? Or it will
utilize both the wired and wireless LAN to download the file?

If by default, it will only use either one of the LAN connection, is
there any way to configure it to use both of the LAN connection?

Peter CCH

In article <1125511680.905160.310340@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>,
"Peter CCH" <petercch.wodoy@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have 2 network connection:
>1. Wired LAN
>2. Wireless LAN
>
>I have both enabled and running well in my laptop. Wired LAN connect to
>the Internet through Server 1 which subscribe to ISP 1. Wireless LAN
>connect to the Internet through Server 2 which subscribe to ISP 2.
>
>I'm not sure on one thing, when I download a file, says 20 MB, is that
>file downloaded through either one of the LAN connection? Or it will
>utilize both the wired and wireless LAN to download the file?
>
>If by default, it will only use either one of the LAN connection, is
>there any way to configure it to use both of the LAN connection?
>
>Peter CCH

It will use one connection or the other, but not both. To tell which
one, look at the default route entries (lines starting with 0.0.0.0)
in the route table. It will use the one that has the lower metric
value (the last number in the line). To see the route table, open a
command prompt window (Start | Run | cmd) and type:

route print

Windows doesn't have a way to use both. You might be able to find
third-part "connection teaming" software that can do it. I've also
heard of broadband routers with multiple Internet connections.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com