Sign in with
Your question

Best laser printer for smudge free labels

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
October 5, 2010 3:53:15 AM

Hello,

i am in some help deciding on a printer....this samsung has to GO. i make bath & body products and the ink just rubs right OFF the paper labels i use. they are kraft paper (like a brown paper bag)...i dont know if this is part of the issue or what...but this is my lively hood here and i dont want to have them commercially done at this time. please, advice on a great printer that i wont have to sell a kidney to get? one that uses gooood toner (as it may be, of course, the toner vs the printer...but i only use the correct samsung toner). yes, i AM a girlie girl that knows little (ok, nothing) about printers...i just know that i want to throw this one out the window (it sucks at aligning too)~! thanks in advance for any & all words of wisdom. ~julie
a b Ô Samsung
October 5, 2010 7:10:50 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Opinions and Experiences to section Computer Peripherals by Buwish
Anonymous
a b Ô Samsung
October 5, 2010 6:14:22 PM

I'd guess change the paper because all laser printers work the same way -- were the labels originally designed for inkjet printing do you think ?

I don't think inkjet is a good answer, either, because the ink is water soluble and presumably you can't be sure how your products will be stored.
Related resources
October 6, 2010 1:41:05 AM

Like fihart says, it could be the paper. One thing you can try is go to a local store and print something(like the demo page or the test page) with your paper and see how that works.

Generally, laser printers don't have problems with smudging like inkjets do.

If it still smudges, use something like Avery labels or the store brand labels.

For laser printers, I like HP, Oki and Brother. Which model you buy is determined by how many pages you print in a month.
November 7, 2010 6:08:36 PM

The printer I would look at is the Lexmark T650 series. Almost every major pharmacy chain uses the Lexmark series. If you can find a Lexmark T640, T642 or T644 there are even label toner cartridges available. They designed these engines with the thought of both envelope and label production.
October 3, 2012 3:54:27 PM

I think Epson secure color label printer is best for this purpose. Yo should go for it. It will definitely reduce operational risk, minimize the cost and produce smudge proof labels with vibrant colors. :hello: 
!