Status
Not open for further replies.

debbie

SBC DSL Yahoo came out with a new browser. I downloaded it and it downloaded
good. The problem is when I try to click on the file, view, edit, tools icon,
the page just closes. I am able to go to the taskbar and click on the SBC
icon which brings the page up. DSL was contacted over the issue but they were
unable to fix the issue. I have turned off the firewall for this download. I
have unistall the software, install it again, rebooted a number of times. I
have the Windows XP Professional. Would there be any securities on this that
needed adjusted? Please help. I didn't have this problem when I just had the
Windows XP
--
mrstutman

Uninstall the SBC DSL Yahoo new browser.

Use Internet Explorer.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:53229438-02C4-4F59-813D-C964DB179612@microsoft.com,
Debbie <mrstutman@msn.com> hunted and pecked:

=?Utf-8?B?RGViYmll?= wrote:

> SBC DSL Yahoo came out with a new browser. I downloaded it and it downloaded
> good. The problem is when I try to click on the file, view, edit, tools icon,
> needed adjusted? Please help. I didn't have this problem when I just had the
> Windows XP

Use a browser that works?

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

debbie

I did Uninstall the SB DSL Yahoo Browser and tried it from the Internet
Explorer. It does the same thing from the Yahoo Browser. I don't have any
problems from the Internet Explorer clicking from on the File, View, Tools,
etc. Would the Professional Securities have anything to do with this? I'm
about ready to do a Factory Format to go back to just Windows XP
--
mrstutman

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Uninstall the SBC DSL Yahoo new browser.
>
> Use Internet Explorer.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:53229438-02C4-4F59-813D-C964DB179612@microsoft.com,
> Debbie <mrstutman@msn.com> hunted and pecked:
> > SBC DSL Yahoo came out with a new browser. I downloaded it and it
> > downloaded good. The problem is when I try to click on the file, view,
> > edit, tools icon, the page just closes. I am able to go to the taskbar
> > and click on the SBC icon which brings the page up. DSL was contacted
> > over the issue but they were unable to fix the issue. I have turned off
> > the firewall for this download. I have unistall the software, install it
> > again, rebooted a number of times. I have the Windows XP Professional.
> > Would there be any securities on this that needed adjusted? Please help.
> > I didn't have this problem when I just had the Windows XP
> > --
> > mrstutman

I have no idea why something in the SBC DSL Yahoo Browser doesn't work.
This is just a guess: this browser is probably like AOL's, based on IE, but
they add a bunch of junk and screw it up.

Make sure that IE is set as the default browser.

Try this:
Open IE | Tools | Internet Options | Programs tab | make sure
"Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser" is
CHECKED.
Press Ok, and when you next run IE, a confirmation
dialog box should appear asking you whether you want it to be the
default browser again. Click Yes.

Or:
To reset Internet Explorer settings
If you installed another Web browser after installing Internet
Explorer and Internet Tools, some of your Internet Explorer settings
may have changed. You can reset your Internet Explorer settings to
their original defaults, including your home page and search pages,
and choice of default browser, without changing your other browser's
settings.
1.. On the Tools menu, click Internet Options.
2.. Click the Programs tab.
3.. Click the Reset Web Settings button.

Web Settings button
[[Click this to reset the default Internet Explorer settings for your home
and search pages, and prompt to make Internet Explorer your default browser.
Note: This only resets these settings if you have installed another Web
browser after installing Internet Explorer and Internet Tools, and that
browser has changed the default settings.]]

More information...
Setting Internet Explorer as the default browser - Windows 9x/2000/XP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm#defbrowser

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes