Dell Vostro 1500 dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeed6668

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
hi . i have a dell vostro 1500 notebook . it is completely dead . when i plug the power cable , the LED on the charger turns off . and it won't turn on until i unplug the charger and back on . the charger is OK . i have tested it . and it does not boot up with battery too . i checked on web and this seems to be a common issue in this model .
http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19273173/19480756.aspx?PageIndex=1 i have unplugged every components from the mainboard like Nvidia Graphics , Fan , HDD , ODD and i just have a simple Mainboard . but still when i plug the power to mainboard the LED of the charger lights off . seems that a short circuit has been occurred in the mainboard . please help me solve the issue and you must know that it is not just my problem . it so many's . thank you

G

Sounds like the power supply components on the motherboard. If you are lucky it may be a discrete board which can be replaced so I would refer to a repair guy or (preferably) Dell for help.

saeed6668

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
thanks for your answer . i checked every little component on the mainboard . i couldn't find any unusual thing on components .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS