one CPU system shows 2 CPUs under task manager

Greetings gurus,

Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP task manager
shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've seen this bug on so many
systems running WinXP SP2 since I've noticed.

Any fix around ?

TIA

Gillies

It's not a bug....read the following:
Hyper-Threading Technology
http://www.intel.com/technology/hyperthread/

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Gillies wrote:
> Greetings gurus,
>
> Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP task manager
> shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've seen this bug on so many
> systems running WinXP SP2 since I've noticed.
>
> Any fix around ?

There's nothing to fix, other than your knowledge of the OS.

Windows XP and Hyper-Threading
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810231

--

Bruce Chambers