one CPU system shows 2 CPUs under task manager

Greetings gurus,

Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP task manager
shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've seen this bug on so many
systems running WinXP SP2 since I've noticed.

Any fix around ?

TIA

Gillies
3 answers Last reply
More about system shows cpus task manager

    It's not a bug....read the following:
    Hyper-Threading Technology
    http://www.intel.com/technology/hyperthread/

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    Gillies wrote:
    > Greetings gurus,
    >
    > Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP task manager
    > shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've seen this bug on so many
    > systems running WinXP SP2 since I've noticed.
    >
    > Any fix around ?

    There's nothing to fix, other than your knowledge of the OS.

    Windows XP and Hyper-Threading
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;810231

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Gillies <newsgroup2002@hotmail.com> wrote:

    > Funny, I have many computers around with only ONE cpu but XP task
    > manager shows 2 CPUs and 2 graphical CPU usage. I've seen this bug on
    > so many systems running WinXP SP2 since I've noticed.

    Why don't you read the replies to your previous question.
    http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=KdTQe.2630$884.390210@news20.bellglobal.com

    --
    d-d

CPUs Task Manager Windows XP