Taskbar Icons not showing

When I first switch on there are only 2 taskbar icons in bottom left corner.
In order to get all the icons I have to log off Windows. The icons then
appear normally.

I am the only User account and have Administrator privaliges.

Any suggestions would be welcomed!
2 answers Last reply
More about taskbar icons showing

    It is a well-known subject about XP. Some icons are sometimes missing (although their associated programs are actually running). The 'problem' is related to the start of some services (UPnP and SSDP), here there are some workarounds:

    - Configure XP so as to use the Welcome Screen and wait 20-30 seconds before logging in.
    - Disable the SSDP service (your system will not be able to 'discover' new UPnP devices such as routers and other networking devices at each logon):

    1. Open Start, Run, type (without quotes) "services.msc" and press OK.
    2. Search for the 'SSDP Discovery Service' service and double-click it.
    3. Select 'Disabled' in the Startup type box.
    4. Click OK and restart Windows.

    --
    Greetings,
    Daniel Martín

    "Foxhunter" <porterj(removethis)@iol.ie> wrote in message news:E176B463-0803-485E-8E58-C1D8FBE21D75@microsoft.com...
    > When I first switch on there are only 2 taskbar icons in bottom left corner.
    > In order to get all the icons I have to log off Windows. The icons then
    > appear normally.
    >
    > I am the only User account and have Administrator privaliges.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be welcomed!

    How To: Fix Missing System Tray Icons at Windows XP startup:
    http://www.tech-pro.net/howto_013.html

    "When you restart the computer, the icons in the notification area are
    missing. If you log off and log on with the same user account, the icons
    appear."
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=841571

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Foxhunter" <porterj(removethis)@iol.ie> wrote in message
    > When I first switch on there are only 2 taskbar icons in bottom left
    > corner.
    > In order to get all the icons I have to log off Windows. The icons then
    > appear normally.
    >
    > I am the only User account and have Administrator privaliges.
    >
    > Any suggestions would be welcomed!

Taskbar Microsoft Icons Windows XP