How do I prevent programs automatically accessing internet?

When I first switch on, 4 programs try to log onto the internet.

How do I prevent this?

Many thanks for any help.
2 answers Last reply
More about prevent programs automatically accessing internet

    > When I first switch on, 4 programs try to log onto the internet.
    >
    > How do I prevent this?
    >
    > Many thanks for any help.

    Install and correctly configure a firewall to block all access without user
    intervention.

    Thanks for the reply Trent,

    I have Mcafee Internet Security 7.0 installed but cannot see how to
    accomplish this

    "Trent SC" wrote:

    > > When I first switch on, 4 programs try to log onto the internet.
    > >
    > > How do I prevent this?
    > >
    > > Many thanks for any help.
    >
    > Install and correctly configure a firewall to block all access without user
    > intervention.

Switch Microsoft Internet Windows XP