How do I prevent programs automatically accessing internet?

August 31, 2005 4:51:06 PM

When I first switch on, 4 programs try to log onto the internet.

How do I prevent this?

Many thanks for any help.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 12:58:29 AM

> When I first switch on, 4 programs try to log onto the internet.
>
> How do I prevent this?
>
> Many thanks for any help.

Install and correctly configure a firewall to block all access without user
intervention.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 12:58:30 AM

Thanks for the reply Trent,

I have Mcafee Internet Security 7.0 installed but cannot see how to
accomplish this