Switch Arc caps- Black Hole

Again, another Black Hole question.

I'm doing the switch-arc capacitors and I wasn't sure if I know all of
the coils that should get them (it's not specified on marvin3m).
Are these the ones that should get them?
-(2)kickers behind drop targets on upper playfield
-captive hole on upper
- captive on lower
-target on lower
-kicker on lower playfield

Now, should the coils in the ball trough get them?
What about on the lower playfield, the trough and the kicker to the
upper playfield?

How necessary is this mod on a Black Hole? Marvin3M mostly mentions
Haunted House for this modification.

It's mentioned in the Haunted House/Black Hole upgrade guide put out by
the Pinball Lizard. I have one at home somewhere. I'll look it up
when I get home if you don't get reply from someone else by then.

Your list sounds right by my not-to-be-completely-trusted memory.

Steve (cargpb10)

This mod has its source in a Gottlieb Technical Service Bulletin:
http://www.pinball.ch/replay/flyers/switcharc.pdf

That TSB specifically describes it affecting "+38VDC kicking rubbers
and kicking targets." You'd think that it would apply to the two
kicking rubbers BH has on the upper pf, as well as the kicking target
and kicking rubber on the lower pf... but the TSB goes on to
specifically list "BLACK HOLE (668) - UPPER PLAYFIELD KICKING RUBBERS"
but not mention the lower pf. Odd...

Anyhow, I installed them on the upper pf kicking rubbers of my BH, but
the things still arc. I just replaced a couple of those switches this
weekend, and left the plastics off afterward to make sure everything
was working OK, and I could clearly see all of the switches still arc
with the caps on. I've triple checked that I installed them correctly
(per the TSB). Anyone else with a BH have success with these caps
eliminating the arcing?

Darren Finck

I'm thinking instead that the captive holes should not get them, since
they are CPU controlled, right?
So it's really just the two slings on top, and the sling and target on
the lower.
I'm still not sure about the ball trough on the upper or lower.

Let me know what you find, Steve.

Thanks!

Not needed on either ball trough gate solenoid. The purpose is to
eliminate/minimize arcing across switches controlling things... those
solenoids have no switches controlling them (they're driven by
transistors).

df