'The Password Is Not Valid' Error Message Appears When You..

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b308402
'The Password Is Not Valid' Error Message Appears When You Log On to
Recovery Console in Windows XP

Sony pointed me in the direction of the above article when I tried to access
the recovery console. Either I need to boot windows, or I need to make
bootdisks. Since I need to access the recovery console, windows just ain't
working.

Unfortunately floppy drives are no longer installed on any computers here.
How may I obtain an ISO boot disk so that I may access the recovery console.

Alternatively, I just need to run fixmbr. Is there another tool I could use?

Thank You,

Brett
2 answers Last reply
More about password valid error message appears

    I have built several systems without a floppy. I do have one in a couple
    machines, including the one I use to burn BOOT CDs.
    When I start Nero, on the left side, I scroll down and choose BOOT DISK as
    the type of CD I want to burn.
    I have a floppy drive that I put a W98SE boot disk in and use as my BOOT
    image.
    I can also add any other files I want onto the CD then burn it.
    They do boot!
    --
    A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!

    "NotMe" wrote:

    > I have built several systems without a floppy. I do have one in a couple
    > machines, including the one I use to burn BOOT CDs.
    > When I start Nero, on the left side, I scroll down and choose BOOT DISK as
    > the type of CD I want to burn.

    I have Nero5 and I don't believe such an option exists for that version.

    > I have a floppy drive that I put a W98SE boot disk in and use as my BOOT
    > image.
    > I can also add any other files I want onto the CD then burn it.
    > They do boot!
    > --
    > A Professional Amateur...If anyone knew it all, none of would be here!
    > "Brett F." <Brett F.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3ben-us%3b308402
    > > 'The Password Is Not Valid' Error Message Appears When You Log On to
    > > Recovery Console in Windows XP
    > > Sony pointed me in the direction of the above article when I tried to
    > > access
    > > the recovery console. Either I need to boot windows, or I need to make
    > > bootdisks. Since I need to access the recovery console, windows just ain't
    > > working.
    > > Unfortunately floppy drives are no longer installed on any computers here.
    > > How may I obtain an ISO boot disk so that I may access the recovery
    > > console.
    > > Alternatively, I just need to run fixmbr. Is there another tool I could
    > > use?
    > > Thank You,
    > > Brett

Recovery Console Error Message Windows XP