Sign in with
Your question

CPU Prices

Last response: in CPUs
October 21, 2003 11:08:45 PM

Anyone know when Intel is going to lower their PCU prices? I heard it was supposed to happen at the end of october.

More about : cpu prices

October 22, 2003 2:32:10 AM

OMG - I was just loging on to POST The same thing!!...

I've heard that Intel prices will drop on the 26th of OCT...

Anyone know by how much they might drop... Could I possible get a 3.0c for the price of the 2.8c
October 22, 2003 2:32:36 AM

26 Oct unless Intel changes it.
Related resources
October 22, 2003 2:37:58 AM

It's been a long time since I saw what the 3.0C price is going to be.
October 22, 2003 8:35:35 AM

Did someone say intel and drop prices in the same sentance?

If he doesn't die, he'll get help!!!
October 22, 2003 4:18:29 PM

Intel will indeed drop their prices on Sunday, 26 Oct. New prices of their chips will be:

3.20GHz $417
3.00GHz $278
2.80GHz $218

Note that is effective for commercial quantities of 1000 units or more. Retail prices may vary.

So the answer to your question is yes. Next week, 3.0c should cost about the same money as the current price of the 2.8c.
October 22, 2003 5:29:35 PM

And according to what I just saw on xbits a little while ago, AMD is doing the same thing with their high end xps. Considering the 64 3200+ is creaping under $400, there is no way the xp 3200 should still be priced over $400. I haven't seen anywhere yet if it will be the 22-33% cuts intel did or what though.
October 22, 2003 8:35:08 PM

In my opinion AMD should price the XP 3200+ according to 3.0c (it should definnetely not be more epxensive). We'll wait and see though.
October 22, 2003 10:50:39 PM

I know, right? It took me 2 years to convince all of my friends to switch to AMD, and now because of the way AMD and Intel are pricing, I'm seriously contemplating building a P4 system (*GASP* Did I really just say that??) Next think you know, we'll be switching back to nVidia graphics cards. (NOT!)

Women--can't live with them, can't have heterosexual same-species intercourse without them.
October 23, 2003 9:15:41 AM

What's your problem now (on 23 Oct) with AMD's pricing? Especially regarding the Athlon 64 and mid-range Athlon XPs? The only problem I see is with high-end Athlon XPs, but still, don't forget that you can make a 2500+ which you can buy for $80 to work as a 3200+ without any effort. AMD's prices are as they should be so stop complaining. You can't expect buying $80 CPUs forever. They have expenses you know and they need to make a profit! They are a company after all and not a charity organization.
October 23, 2003 6:56:58 PM

Quote:
They have expenses you know and they need to make a profit! They are a company after all and not a charity organization.

Really? judging from their profit/loss balance I couldn't tell...
For anyone to buy AMD they have to be A LOT cheaper cause now, Intel is standard (don't look at benchmarks, look at what people are buying).

My anger and my wrath will be poured on this place on man and beast on the trees of the field and the fruit of the ground it will burn and not be quenched Jeremiah 7:20
I am ALPHA and OMEGA, burn!
October 24, 2003 7:04:49 AM

Quote:
Really? judging from their profit/loss balance I couldn't tell...

You do realise of course that this is because of people like you?

Quote:
For anyone to buy AMD they have to be A LOT cheaper cause now, Intel is standard (don't look at benchmarks, look at what people are buying).

BS! If all people where thinking the same like you, then everyone should buy all those crappy Geforce FX cards instead of Radeons.
October 24, 2003 11:05:28 AM

Quote:
You do realise of course that this is because of people like you?

Yes, I do.
Quote:
BS! If all people where thinking the same like you, then everyone should buy all those crappy Geforce FX cards instead of Radeons.

First of all, the new GeforceFX 5700U is a big improvement over the 5600U. Second, Nvidia currently has a larger market share than ATI, especialy when checking low end cards (most of the public). ATI has large and growing market share when it come to mid-high range and top-of-the-line cards. In the long run, whoever has a better product and better PR will provail, so ATI is slowly gaining market share over Nvidia. However, whenever a new line of products come out - all bets are off. So if Nvidia can make their next product line significantly better than ATI's (price and quality), we'll see on this forum people recommending Nvidia over ATI.

My anger and my wrath will be poured on this place on man and beast on the trees of the field and the fruit of the ground it will burn and not be quenched Jeremiah 7:20
I am ALPHA and OMEGA, burn!
!