System Recovery and Updates

I have a System Recovery on a hard drive partiton. I plan on using it as soon
as I can get some blank DVDs for back-up. When I do, it only installs SP1. I
have SP2 on a CD. Is there anyway I can install SP2, download and install all
the Microsoft updates, then create another System Recovery, so that the next
time I do a System Recovery, it automatically installs SP2 and all the
Mircosoft updates?

Since you have a DVD burner, look into Image for Windows, http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html or similar utilities that will backup your entire hard disk to one, or more, DVD's. After your installation is complete, simply image the drive(s) to DVD.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"Kevin Turcotte" <KevinTurcotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F09E1525-99F7-4B0D-88C2-9CEA42BE2152@microsoft.com...
>I have a System Recovery on a hard drive partiton. I plan on using it as soon
> as I can get some blank DVDs for back-up. When I do, it only installs SP1. I
> have SP2 on a CD. Is there anyway I can install SP2, download and install all
> the Microsoft updates, then create another System Recovery, so that the next
> time I do a System Recovery, it automatically installs SP2 and all the
> Mircosoft updates?

Would Norton Ghost 9.0 (Which I already have) work the same?

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Since you have a DVD burner, look into Image for Windows, http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/imagew.html or similar utilities that will backup your entire hard disk to one, or more, DVD's. After your installation is complete, simply image the drive(s) to DVD.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> --------------------------------
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "Kevin Turcotte" <KevinTurcotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F09E1525-99F7-4B0D-88C2-9CEA42BE2152@microsoft.com...
> >I have a System Recovery on a hard drive partiton. I plan on using it as soon
> > as I can get some blank DVDs for back-up. When I do, it only installs SP1. I
> > have SP2 on a CD. Is there anyway I can install SP2, download and install all
> > the Microsoft updates, then create another System Recovery, so that the next
> > time I do a System Recovery, it automatically installs SP2 and all the
> > Mircosoft updates?

I don't have any experience with Ghost 9. I know Image will work. But from what I remember of earlier versions of Ghost, it should handle it just as well.