  • Networking
Last response: in Networking
Share
August 23, 2004 12:57:30 PM

I'm having problems with my MN-700 having installed the
latest update. Is there a way to roll back to a previous
firmware version? Or, is there a way to force a re-update
of the base station's firmware (despite the wizard saying
everything's up to date)? I really appreciate any help.

Chase

More about : 700 update rollback firmware

Anonymous
August 23, 2004 6:00:30 PM

Hi,

What kind of problems are you experiencing with the new firmware?

--
Gary Tsang
Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is protected
Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected from the latest
Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please go to
www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.

1. Use an Internet Firewall
2. Update Your Computer
3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software

To get more information and resources about how to help protect
your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
"Chase" <chasef@hovaccom> wrote in message
> I'm having problems with my MN-700 having installed the
> latest update. Is there a way to roll back to a previous
> firmware version? Or, is there a way to force a re-update
> of the base station's firmware (despite the wizard saying
> everything's up to date)? I really appreciate any help.
>
> Chase
August 23, 2004 6:08:45 PM

Internet connectivity is intermittent and when I try to
reload backed up settings, the router doesn't respond as
it should (the light turning amber and it fully
reprogramming the settings).

Related resources
August 23, 2004 10:03:32 PM

No manual updates for the MN-700. That was the only way to do it on the
MN-100 & MN-700. I guess your stuck or you can call Microsoft.

Chase wrote:

> Internet connectivity is intermittent and when I try to
> reload backed up settings, the router doesn't respond as
> it should (the light turning amber and it fully
> reprogramming the settings).

Anonymous
August 24, 2004 12:52:04 AM

Just for the record.... joker meant MN-100 or MN-500 in the second sentence
(not MN700). Hopefully that was already evident in the context of the first
sentence

--
Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

Find out about the MS MVP Program -

"joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
news:o w5ZR4WiEHA.348@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> No manual updates for the MN-700. That was the only way to do it on the
> MN-100 & MN-700. I guess your stuck or you can call Microsoft.
>
> Chase wrote:
>
>> Internet connectivity is intermittent and when I try to reload backed up
>> settings, the router doesn't respond as it should (the light turning
>> amber and it fully reprogramming the settings).

August 24, 2004 12:02:03 PM

I guess I was kind of tired. That is what I meant. You can only do the
manual updates on the MN-100 & MN-500.

Jason Tsang wrote:
> Just for the record.... joker meant MN-100 or MN-500 in the second sentence
> (not MN700). Hopefully that was already evident in the context of the first
> sentence

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 2:56:58 PM

hi folks,
I have a win98 SE machine. I was able to update router
MN-700 boot firware 2.1.2.590,
MN-700 runtime firware 2.1.2.590,
Application software 2.2.0.731, using the update wizard.
so far things are looking good.
I use MN-730 PCI adapter and driver update for that was
missing in the update wizard.
Does MN-730 get updated only by using auto-update service
in MSBN utility?
I haven't used auto-update so far.
Finaly how can i find out the current version of MN-730
driver? I looked at the network adapters in device manager
and network setting in contrel panel, couldn't find
version number of driver.
thanks
Ram

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 9:25:00 PM

If you've installed the BNU software (and by the looks of it, you have), the
drivers for your MN730 will be located here

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking

(assuming you've installed to the default location)

--

"Ram" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi folks,
> I have a win98 SE machine. I was able to update router
> MN-700 boot firware 2.1.2.590,
> MN-700 runtime firware 2.1.2.590,
> Application software 2.2.0.731, using the update wizard.
> so far things are looking good.
> I use MN-730 PCI adapter and driver update for that was
> missing in the update wizard.
> Does MN-730 get updated only by using auto-update service
> in MSBN utility?
> I haven't used auto-update so far.
> Finaly how can i find out the current version of MN-730
> driver? I looked at the network adapters in device manager
> and network setting in contrel panel, couldn't find
> version number of driver.
> thanks
> Ram

Anonymous
August 26, 2004 9:25:01 PM

hi jason,
I searched for MN730 driver on my computer but its
missing. Could it got removed during installation of
router MN700. Its funny i have installed the same type of
adapter on my neighbours system(we share broadband conx),
so don't know where the driver is.If the driver for MN730
is not there on my system how I am able to access wireless
broadband?
puzzled. The connection is awesome after updating the
router firmware, and things look fine, don't feel like
messing things up.
thanks Ram

!