MN-700 Update rollback (firmware)

I'm having problems with my MN-700 having installed the
latest update. Is there a way to roll back to a previous
firmware version? Or, is there a way to force a re-update
of the base station's firmware (despite the wizard saying
everything's up to date)? I really appreciate any help.

Chase
8 answers Last reply
More about update rollback firmware

    Hi,

    What kind of problems are you experiencing with the new firmware?

    --
    Gary Tsang
    Microsoft MVP - Windows XP Shell/User

    Protect Your PC: 3 steps to help ensure your PC is protected
    Microsoft wants to help ensure your PC is protected from the latest
    Blaster virus, as well as from future threats. Please go to
    www.microsoft.com/protect and follow these steps today.

    1. Use an Internet Firewall
    2. Update Your Computer
    3. Use Up-to-Date Antivirus Software

    To get more information and resources about how to help protect
    your PC, go to http://www.microsoft.com/protect
    "Chase" <chasef@hovaccom> wrote in message
    > I'm having problems with my MN-700 having installed the
    > latest update. Is there a way to roll back to a previous
    > firmware version? Or, is there a way to force a re-update
    > of the base station's firmware (despite the wizard saying
    > everything's up to date)? I really appreciate any help.
    >
    > Chase

    Internet connectivity is intermittent and when I try to
    reload backed up settings, the router doesn't respond as
    it should (the light turning amber and it fully
    reprogramming the settings).

    No manual updates for the MN-700. That was the only way to do it on the
    MN-100 & MN-700. I guess your stuck or you can call Microsoft.

    Chase wrote:

    > Internet connectivity is intermittent and when I try to
    > reload backed up settings, the router doesn't respond as
    > it should (the light turning amber and it fully
    > reprogramming the settings).

    Just for the record.... joker meant MN-100 or MN-500 in the second sentence
    (not MN700). Hopefully that was already evident in the context of the first
    sentence

    --
    Jason Tsang - Microsoft MVP

    Find out about the MS MVP Program -

    "joker" <no-spam@netzero.com> wrote in message
    > No manual updates for the MN-700. That was the only way to do it on the
    > MN-100 & MN-700. I guess your stuck or you can call Microsoft.
    >
    > Chase wrote:
    >
    >> Internet connectivity is intermittent and when I try to reload backed up
    >> settings, the router doesn't respond as it should (the light turning
    >> amber and it fully reprogramming the settings).

    I guess I was kind of tired. That is what I meant. You can only do the
    manual updates on the MN-100 & MN-500.

    Jason Tsang wrote:
    > Just for the record.... joker meant MN-100 or MN-500 in the second sentence
    > (not MN700). Hopefully that was already evident in the context of the first
    > sentence

    hi folks,
    I have a win98 SE machine. I was able to update router
    MN-700 boot firware 2.1.2.590,
    MN-700 runtime firware 2.1.2.590,
    Application software 2.2.0.731, using the update wizard.
    so far things are looking good.
    I use MN-730 PCI adapter and driver update for that was
    missing in the update wizard.
    Does MN-730 get updated only by using auto-update service
    in MSBN utility?
    I haven't used auto-update so far.
    Finaly how can i find out the current version of MN-730
    driver? I looked at the network adapters in device manager
    and network setting in contrel panel, couldn't find
    version number of driver.
    thanks
    Ram

    If you've installed the BNU software (and by the looks of it, you have), the
    drivers for your MN730 will be located here

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Broadband Networking

    (assuming you've installed to the default location)

    --

    "Ram" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > hi folks,
    > I have a win98 SE machine. I was able to update router
    > MN-700 boot firware 2.1.2.590,
    > MN-700 runtime firware 2.1.2.590,
    > Application software 2.2.0.731, using the update wizard.
    > so far things are looking good.
    > I use MN-730 PCI adapter and driver update for that was
    > missing in the update wizard.
    > Does MN-730 get updated only by using auto-update service
    > in MSBN utility?
    > I haven't used auto-update so far.
    > Finaly how can i find out the current version of MN-730
    > driver? I looked at the network adapters in device manager
    > and network setting in contrel panel, couldn't find
    > version number of driver.
    > thanks
    > Ram

  8. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.broadbandnet.hardware (More info?)

    hi jason,
    I searched for MN730 driver on my computer but its
    missing. Could it got removed during installation of
    router MN700. Its funny i have installed the same type of
    adapter on my neighbours system(we share broadband conx),
    so don't know where the driver is.If the driver for MN730
    is not there on my system how I am able to access wireless
    broadband?
    puzzled. The connection is awesome after updating the
    router firmware, and things look fine, don't feel like
    messing things up.
    thanks Ram

Routers Hardware Firmware Microsoft Networking