Memory

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I have a Dell 8300 with 512MB DDR SDRAM at 400 MHz,I am thinking about
adding two more 256 MB of Ram as I have two slots free,my question is will
this increase my speed? and should the Ram be 400 MHz?Any help will be
appreciated.I am on cable for my provider.

Thanks
Jack

PC3200 / 400mhz DDR.

www.crucial.com

www.4allmemory.com

It may not provide perceptible speed increases at the moment, but will if
you plan on using the machine another 3-5 years for moderate to demanding
tasks.

If you're just creating Word documents, e-mail, and browsing the web, then
save your money.

Stew

John wrote:

> I have a Dell 8300 with 512MB DDR SDRAM at 400 MHz,I am thinking about
> adding two more 256 MB of Ram as I have two slots free,my question is
> will this increase my speed? and should the Ram be 400 MHz?Any help will
> be appreciated.I am on cable for my provider.

What system you use? If you use Linux i think it helps more than in windows.
And it depends of course from the programs you use to work on this machine.
If you work with a lot of graphics software i think it also help.
Regards,
--
/\/\ichau, msmoczyk [malpka] wp [kropa] pl
http://www.nocnyrzepin.prv.pl

TRENDING THREADS