3 Questions For Experts

August 31, 2005 8:27:01 PM

I Have 3 Questions For Experts

1.How to hide my own folder [e.g. in REGISTRY] like windows "hidden
protected operating system files" [like dllcache,system volume
information,recycler...]?
[Without using Tweak Software]

2.How to prohibit deleting my folder like document and settings,windows,or
other system files?
[Without using Tweak Software]

3.On my Logical Partition exist CONFIG.MSI file which I viewed through some
file explorer.
[This hidden folder don't belong in group "Hidden protected operating system
files" and that is very odd?!]
What is his role?

More about : questions experts

Anonymous
August 31, 2005 11:16:00 PM

3. Config msi Standalone appliance that automates software distribution
over networks
2. You can pasword protect a folder to keep others from deleting it, but
the owner of a folder can always delete it. Not sure what your question is.
1. Not without some program to do so.

"ultrabit79" <ultrabit79@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I Have 3 Questions For Experts
>
> 1.How to hide my own folder [e.g. in REGISTRY] like windows "hidden
> protected operating system files" [like dllcache,system volume
> information,recycler...]?
> [Without using Tweak Software]
>
> 2.How to prohibit deleting my folder like document and settings,windows,or
> other system files?
> [Without using Tweak Software]
>
> 3.On my Logical Partition exist CONFIG.MSI file which I viewed through
> some
> file explorer.
> [This hidden folder don't belong in group "Hidden protected operating
> system
> files" and that is very odd?!]
> What is his role?

September 4, 2005 9:56:35 PM

ultrabit79 wrote:

> I Have 3 Questions For Experts
>
> 1.How to hide my own folder [e.g. in REGISTRY] like windows "hidden
> protected operating system files" [like dllcache,system volume
> information,recycler...]?
> [Without using Tweak Software]
>
> 2.How to prohibit deleting my folder like document and settings,windows,or
> other system files?
> [Without using Tweak Software]
>
> 3.On my Logical Partition exist CONFIG.MSI file which I viewed through some
> file explorer.
> [This hidden folder don't belong in group "Hidden protected operating system
> files" and that is very odd?!]
> What is his role?

You should look at some sort of backup solution, such as a drive imaging
program, to keep a complete image of the hard drive on an external drive
or save to DVD. That way if something happens the system can be
restored quickly.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User