Constant Network Log-ons reported

My Dell 8200 which is part of my home network has near
constant interruptions from log-ons of my other network
computers. This leaves audio signals and interrupts the work
of other apps, e.g. file transfers. The event viewer lists
these logons with dozens of daily entries such as the one
quoted below. What have I done to my computer to produce
these processes which do not occur on the other machines on
my network? More pertinently, is there something I can do to
stop these interruptions without disabling my network
connections?

MWR

EVENT VIEWER (LOCAL) - SECURITY. SUCCESS AUDIT :

Successful Logon:

User Name: NETWORK SERVICE

Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Logon ID: (0x0,0x3E4)

Logon Type: 5

Logon Process: Advapi

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Workstation Name:

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Pete

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2001

I had the same problem. Fixed it like this. Its actually quite easy.

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=xp&Number=350167&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1#Post350167

It looks like you have somehow enabled the auditing of logon and
logoff events.

Try Start > Run > Gpedit.msc
this will get you into the group policy editor lo edit the local
security policy.

Browse the left hand pane for Local Computer Policy > Computer
Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies
> Audit Policy
Look in the right hand pane to see what auditing is enabled.

StuartR

From "Woodies Watch"

http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/wwwthreads.pl?Cat=

P.