Compaq Presario 1230 DIP switches?

Greetings all,

I am working on upgrading an old Presario 1230 that I inherited. Most
upgrades are done, but I'm looking to put a new processor in. From my
reading it looks like this MOBO has a super socket 7, and will accept
the AMD K6-III+ 450 I'm looking at.

Unfortunately, Compaq/HP have not been exactly forthcoming regarding
the specs of the MOBO. I need to find detailed info about the MOBO,
and specifically regarding the DIP switch settings appropriate for
this processor.

If anyone knows anything about this, please let me know!

thanks for anything you can offer...

hh

Unfortunately it won't work. The 1230 ships with a MediaGX processor which
also includes the graphics, memory and PCI controllers. The AMD chip has no
such controllers. I'm afraid you are stuck with the Cyrix processor.
HH