Huge Problem!!

I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 in which I have Windows XP Home Edition. I've
been wanting to reinstall it by clean install using the Windows XP cd, now,
the problem is that my cd driver is not working at all, so, is there any
other way through which I can install it without having to use my cd
driver??? some network instalation?? any floppy instalation?? ANYTHING
PLEASE!!

PS: I was wondering if by any chance any of you would know what could've
happened to my cd driver it just stop reading/burning cd AT ALL, although it
is detected by the system. I can even eject the tray but it's not reading!!
(that's why I need another way to install Win XP again without using my cd
driver).
4 answers Last reply
More about huge problem

    You can get a new one for about $50-$60.

    --
    Peter

    "Yvan Luan" <YvanLuan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFB78D21-16B3-478B-987E-7C1A4813F413@microsoft.com...
    >I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 in which I have Windows XP Home Edition. I've
    > been wanting to reinstall it by clean install using the Windows XP cd, now,
    > the problem is that my cd driver is not working at all, so, is there any
    > other way through which I can install it without having to use my cd
    > driver??? some network instalation?? any floppy instalation?? ANYTHING
    > PLEASE!!
    >
    > PS: I was wondering if by any chance any of you would know what could've
    > happened to my cd driver it just stop reading/burning cd AT ALL, although it
    > is detected by the system. I can even eject the tray but it's not reading!!
    > (that's why I need another way to install Win XP again without using my cd
    > driver).

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 20:08:01 -0700, Yvan Luan
    <YvanLuan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 in which I have Windows XP Home Edition. I've
    >been wanting to reinstall it by clean install using the Windows XP cd, now,
    >the problem is that my cd driver is not working at all, so, is there any
    >other way through which I can install it without having to use my cd
    >driver??? some network instalation?? any floppy instalation?? ANYTHING
    >PLEASE!!

    I've heard there's a way to produce (a lot of) floppies to do it.
    Never tried it myself. I take it the unit is out of warranty? I
    think a new cd-rom is the way to go.
    --
    Top 10 Conservative Idiots:

    First, use a CD lens cleaner. If it still doesn't read, get a new deck.
    $29 at walmart

    --
    For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
    "Yvan Luan" <YvanLuan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 in which I have Windows XP Home Edition. I've
    > been wanting to reinstall it by clean install using the Windows XP cd,
    > now,
    > the problem is that my cd driver is not working at all, so, is there any
    > other way through which I can install it without having to use my cd
    > driver??? some network instalation?? any floppy instalation?? ANYTHING
    > PLEASE!!
    >
    > PS: I was wondering if by any chance any of you would know what could've
    > happened to my cd driver it just stop reading/burning cd AT ALL, although
    > it
    > is detected by the system. I can even eject the tray but it's not
    > reading!!
    > (that's why I need another way to install Win XP again without using my cd
    > driver).

    Maybe it's not the drver but the hardware that is faulty? My Dell laptop
    has a diagnostics program on the hard disk which tests all the hardware - I
    can use this to test my CD. Perhaps you have this already installed on your
    machine?

    "Yvan Luan" <YvanLuan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Inspiron 4150 in which I have Windows XP Home Edition. I've
    > been wanting to reinstall it by clean install using the Windows XP cd,
    > now,
    > the problem is that my cd driver is not working at all, so, is there any
    > other way through which I can install it without having to use my cd
    > driver??? some network instalation?? any floppy instalation?? ANYTHING
    > PLEASE!!
    >
    > PS: I was wondering if by any chance any of you would know what could've
    > happened to my cd driver it just stop reading/burning cd AT ALL, although
    > it
    > is detected by the system. I can even eject the tray but it's not
    > reading!!
    > (that's why I need another way to install Win XP again without using my cd
    > driver).

Dell Inspiron CD-Rom Windows XP