• Computers
  • Monitors
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b C Monitor
October 10, 2010 9:09:56 PM

I want a 30" monitor that can split screen two laptops side by side!!

Anyone knows a monitor that can do this??? I have been googling for hours but havent found much, only that it is possible..

Please heeeeeelp!!

More about : split screen computers connected monitor

a c 230 D Laptop
a c 114 C Monitor
October 18, 2010 9:46:05 PM

There "may" be a solution. Planar and some other companies makes a dispaly for radiology that splits the display into basically 2 monitors. If you have have a good chunck of change to spend. I have never ran these off 2 PCs, we have one that is run off a dual output card, and both outputs go to the monitor. So in theory, 2 computers can feed the one monitor and it will split the screen.

http://medicaldisplaysforless.com/product_detail.cfm?pk...

http://radiforce.com/en/products/col-rx430.html
a b C Monitor
October 18, 2010 11:50:17 PM

The Dell U3011 can do picture in picture.

These are all IPS based monitors so they are expensive but the colors and resolution kick ass.
Related resources
a c 466 D Laptop
a c 196 C Monitor
October 19, 2010 7:33:03 AM

Split screen? .... No.

Picture In Pictures? .... Yes, I suppose it is possible for some monitors, but it is not the same as a split screen.
a c 230 D Laptop
a c 114 C Monitor
October 19, 2010 1:38:36 PM

The monitors I'm thinking of may be able to do full split screen, but the Planar is about $9,000. Don't know how much the other brands are.
December 24, 2012 6:16:29 PM

Quote:
I want a 30" monitor that can split screen two laptops side by side!!

Anyone knows a monitor that can do this??? I have been googling for hours but havent found much, only that it is possible..

Please heeeeeelp!!

What you are looking for is not going to be a monitor with split screen capability. If available, they will be very expensive. Sure, you will want a large TV or monitor to view multiple outputs clearly from a seated position with your co-op friends while you lan party, but the monitor will not be the device that initiates the split screen... The device that accomplishes this is called a multiplexor box. Multiplexors use multiple inputs to convert into a common output. Most multiplexors have the ability to control the position in which each input will appear on a single display but there are even models that will convert to one or more displays. These devices are very similar to that which are utilized by security systems. You take several cameras and attach them to one box, thus displaying 3 or 4 feeds on one monitor in a side-by-side, top-bottom, configuration. To my knowledge you can purchase models with VGA, DVI, Component and Composite inputs. i hope this was helpful for anyone else looking for this type of capability.
a c 466 D Laptop
a c 196 C Monitor
December 25, 2012 11:12:22 PM

Hey, good for you.

You decided to resurrect a dead thread. Why stop at 2 years and 2 months? Go for broke and resurrect something from 2005 or 2006. Or even earlier.
!