THANK YOU STERN! PERFECT JOB! :-)

just wanted to give props to stern for their new packing system. i
unboxed a tspp this past weekend and the cab was FLAWLESS. after 300
miles in the back of my pick-up, the new packing system with the foam
pieces really came through.

i figured it was worth posting since their was so much negative press
before the new system was implemented.

THNAK YOU STERN! :)

Pinlicious ( ...there is no spoon.)

agreed, my LOTR looks great. It's nice when a company addresses
customer issues and does something smart about it. The machine they
have that creates all the different corners is pretty neat too.
Probably the best part about the expo stern tour besides seeing miles
of elvis cabinets ;)

-c

Kevin Dubrowski was the man behind this change (a RGP lurker.... I
know you're out there Kevin). He spent months working with Stern on
this project and worked tirelessly to get the job done right. The 4th
run on LOTR was the first appearance of this new packaging. I had the
pleasure of being one on the first people to unbox one of these and
immeadiately knew Stern/Kevin had done a great job. With all the
problems the first runs of LOTR had with paint damaged cabs
out-of-the-box, my 4th run with the new packaging was perfect. Koz is
right, Stern does stand to be commended for addressing their boxing
issues and making this change.
Terry.
www.pinballlife.com

that is terrific news :)
nice to hear Stern is busy to make
small things like better protected boxes for new
games.. i hope that the next improvement will be the flippers itself..
after that perhaps an soundboard upgrade. 32 bits hi quality sound for
instance.
something from this time era :) should be nice too

Tha Dutch *Tommy* CyBeRRoy