New computer Build

Diamante

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2003
I am looking to get a new computer built, i hate gateway, but am looking for some advise on whom i should go with, i can't remember who newegg owns, but i hear they are very good, can you tell me who they are and if they, or any others are good to do business with.

Diamante

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2003
i have very few expenses in my life, so anywhere between 1000 - 3000 is good. Yes i game a lot and will be moving to EQ2 , WOW, and half-life 2

addiarmadar

Distinguished
May 26, 2003
3000 bucks you can go with some fancy comp store have a chick magnet of a rig. OCsystem is ok but I believe that their products are not properly cooled. Voodoopc is awsome too.

F-DISK-Format-Reinstal DO DA!! DO DA!!

Diamante

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2003
honestly i think i will have it built, just for the tech/customer support... abspc.com is supposed to be the best from what i hear, they are owned by newegg, i compared thier prices to others and they give the better deal from what i can tell, have any of you ever bought from them or know someone who has, would u suggest them or someone else ?

Xaos

Distinguished
May 21, 2001
Personally, I would find a local, reputable, and independent computer store and talk to them. Chances are they'll get the parts at a good price and put it together for an extra $40. You'll get what you want, and if there are any hassles or questions it's WAY easier to deal with than ordering online.

If you have the cash, places like VooDoo (which is 4 blocks away from me), Falcon Northwest, and Alienware put together some fantastic machines and support won't be an issue. Unfortunately, that level of support costs extra dollars, but then again you get what you pay for. I would be wary of many of the smaller online outfits...procede with caution.

For a good, all-round machine (complete with a monitor) that will handle games and multimedia, expect to pay around $1500~$2000 Canadian. Best bang-for-the-buck is the smart way to go, IMHO.

Give me Convenience or Give me Death!