Tech: ID4 eating gi lamps...

I have an ID4 that I recently picked up that is eating gi lamps left
and right I haven't checked voltage at the lamps yet but I'm pretty
sure it's not the lamps I've used lamps from different mfg's so it's
not a bad batch issue. I don't have a lot of experience with the newer
Sega/Stern system service wise since I haven't any problems with them,
any suggestions?

Yes it is a reimport what should I check? I couldn't find any info on
voltage conversion in the manual.

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <1122380244.929366.42000@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
pinballtom264@gmail.com wrote:

> I have an ID4 that I recently picked up that is eating gi lamps left
> and right I haven't checked voltage at the lamps yet but I'm pretty
> sure it's not the lamps I've used lamps from different mfg's so it's
> not a bad batch issue. I don't have a lot of experience with the newer
> Sega/Stern system service wise since I haven't any problems with them,
> any suggestions?

Mmmmm... is it a reimport? If so maybe the conversion was not done
correctly.

I have a creature that was a reimport from Europe and the local guy
strapped it for 220v and it was being fed 240v. Took me ages to figure
it out.

Cheers
Macman

MacMan

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2004

In article <1122384554.901753.200810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com>,
pinballtom264@gmail.com wrote:

> Yes it is a reimport what should I check? I couldn't find any info on
> voltage conversion in the manual.

Good question as I don't own any Segas.... Mmmmmm...

Here you go:

http://marvin3m.com/de/index3.htm#misc

Scroll down to part 4b - converting an import.

Hope that is the problem as it's pretty easy to fix. Clay's guides are
fantastic!

Cheers
Macman