Dimensions of Dr Who and The Getaway:HS dot matrix displays?

Hi, could someone please advise what type and measurements they are?
Also, what other machines can I use replacements from? Thanks heaps.

Regards,
xygt

128x32

All bally/williams/gottlieb from the 90's

most data east and stern but there are exception ( small and big )

xygt wrote:
> Hi, could someone please advise what type and measurements they are?
> Also, what other machines can I use replacements from? Thanks heaps.

They're standard 128x64 DMD displays, same as any other DMD machine.
So pretty much, unless it's a 192x128 or a 128x32 display, you can use
it.

>Except for the DE games that used the small and oversize DMDs, and those
>pesky Capcom games that used a different DMD too :)

Dale DMDs will work in Capcom...except for Flipper Football which uses
a special high res display (that looks fantastic).

Most all DMD games (and all from WMS) use 128x32. Actual SIZE? that
would have to be measured by someone.

Kirb

> Hi, could someone please advise what type and measurements they are?
> Also, what other machines can I use replacements from? Thanks heaps.

They are all the standard 128x32 dot matrix displays used from Slugfest in
1991 up to Nascar in 2005.

Dr. Who and Getaway use the exact same display. Is this what you wanted to
know???

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

<TheKorn@TheKorn.net> wrote in message
> xygt wrote:
>> Hi, could someone please advise what type and measurements they are?
>> Also, what other machines can I use replacements from? Thanks heaps.
>
> They're standard 128x64 DMD displays, same as any other DMD machine.
> So pretty much, unless it's a 192x128 or a 128x32 display, you can use
> it.

Except for the DE games that used the small and oversize DMDs, and those
pesky Capcom games that used a different DMD too :)

(I figured DE was fair to bring into the conversation since you brought
Stern in, and Capcom was just a good point to make too)

-

http://www.myhomegameroom.com

Mike Schudel wrote:
>>Hi, could someone please advise what type and measurements they are?
>>Also, what other machines can I use replacements from? Thanks heaps.
>

> They are all the standard 128x32 dot matrix displays used from Slugfest in
> 1991 up to Nascar in 2005.
>
> Dr. Who and Getaway use the exact same display. Is this what you wanted to
> know???

Hi troops, thanks for all the replies and help. That's exactly what I
needed to know. I need a display for each machine, but didn't know what
to get.

Regards,
Brendan