Problem with Control+Alt+Del

Hi, i'm having a problem with my computer, when i press control+alt+del,
nothing happens, i don't know what's going on but the system doesn't do
anything. Also, when i enter in safe mode it does work so i'm guessing is
some sort of problem in my normal mode configuration or maybe some virus,
anybody knows anything about it or may have a solution for the problem??.

By the way i'm running windows xp home edition with the service pack 2.
3 answers Last reply
More about problem control

    I've had bad keybopards do that,; beyond that, one of the experts will have
    a better solution!

    --
    For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
    "Alex T" <Alex T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi, i'm having a problem with my computer, when i press control+alt+del,
    > nothing happens, i don't know what's going on but the system doesn't do
    > anything. Also, when i enter in safe mode it does work so i'm guessing is
    > some sort of problem in my normal mode configuration or maybe some virus,
    > anybody knows anything about it or may have a solution for the problem??.
    >
    > By the way i'm running windows xp home edition with the service pack 2.

    I know is not the keyboard because when i go on in safe mode i press the same
    keys and it does work.

    Alex T wrote:

    > I know is not the keyboard because when i go on in safe mode i press
    > the same keys and it does work.
    >
    > "NotMe" wrote:
    >
    >> I've had bad keybopards do that,; beyond that, one of the experts
    >> will have a better solution!
    >>
    >> --
    >> For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
    >> "Alex T" <Alex T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi, i'm having a problem with my computer, when i press
    >> > control+alt+del, nothing happens, i don't know what's going on but
    >> > the system doesn't do anything. Also, when i enter in safe mode it
    >> > does work so i'm guessing is some sort of problem in my normal mode
    >> > configuration or maybe some virus, anybody knows anything about it
    >> > or may have a solution for the problem??.
    >> >
    >> > By the way i'm running windows xp home edition with the service
    >> > pack 2.

    The best way to find out if your computer has a virus is by doing a scan
    with your installed antivirus in Safe Mode. Your installed av should be
    a current version, not earlier than 2004, and your virus definitions
    subscription should be active and the definitions up-to-date. Here are
    some general malware removal steps, including what to do if you do not
    have a full-featured antivirus installed:

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com