The system tells me that I am low on disk space, i.e. the C partition which
contains all the programs.

I need to remove something to free up space.

On going to the "Add or Remove Programs" section I notice that there are two
big windows files that have not been used for a long time and these are:
"Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disk2" and
"Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium".

Can I safely remove these,. because they have not been used since 2003.

Please help, Frank

Try using something like Ccleaner. Also if you have pictures, songs etc
on this, you can burn them onto CDs and free up space on the HD.
Programs like google desktop search keeps indexing your files and that
information can grow up to around 1gb, such programs take up space.
Also dont forget to run a defrag after you remove stuff, else your
drive may end up getting fragmented and make ur system slower.

--
xy2z

If you never use or need any of the Microsoft Office programs...Word, Excel,
Powerpoint, Outlook, Frontpage or Access, go ahead.
I would be tempted to run disk cleanup instead and get rid of unused temp
files rather than programs.

--
For evil to prosper requires only that good men remain silent!
"Frank Martin" <paul@colonel.com.au> wrote in message
> The system tells me that I am low on disk space, i.e. the C partition
> which contains all the programs.
> I need to remove something to free up space.
> On going to the "Add or Remove Programs" section I notice that there are
> two big windows files that have not been used for a long time and these
> are:
> "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Disk2" and
> "Microsoft Office 2000 SR-1 Premium".
> Can I safely remove these,. because they have not been used since 2003.
> Please help, Frank

You may consider to uncover duplicate files including mp3, documents,
photos to recover more disk space. NoClone may help -
http://noclone.net.