ANYONE.help (uninstalling XP)

I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not compatiable
with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My system
keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable. I
just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then take
off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How do I
do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step please,
in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please help,
I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...
7 answers Last reply
More about anyone help uninstalling

    Yellow Pages | Computer | Sales and Service

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Did you install XP on a separate partition or drive?
    Can you boot to Win 98?
    --
    Ron Sommer

    "murpharoo" <murpharoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
    > questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not
    > compatiable
    > with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
    > speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My
    > system
    > keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable.
    > just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then
    > take
    > off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
    > installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How
    > do I
    > do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step
    > please,
    > in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please
    > help,
    > I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
    > ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...

    Murph

    How did you install XP without a CD?.. did you do the installation or did a
    friend do it for you?..

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "murpharoo" <murpharoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
    > questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not
    > compatiable
    > with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
    > speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My
    > system
    > keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable.
    > just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then
    > take
    > off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
    > installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How
    > do I
    > do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step
    > please,
    > in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please
    > help,
    > I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
    > ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...

    "murpharoo" <murpharoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have
    posted
    > questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not
    compatiable
    > with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
    > speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My
    system
    > keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable.
    > just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then
    take
    > off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
    > installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How
    do I
    > do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step
    please,
    > in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please
    help,
    > I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
    > ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...

    I take it you wish to return to Win98. Is this correct? If so, can you still
    run Win98? Did you set up your machine as a multi-boot machine? If
    you still have Win98, why not just leave things as they are and address
    the WinXP issues when you're a little more comfortable with PCs? And
    a small point about computer lingo: It's compatible, not compatiable.

    murpharoo wrote:
    > I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
    > questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not compatiable
    > with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
    > speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My system
    > keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable. I
    > just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then take
    > off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
    > installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How do I
    > do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step please,
    > in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please help,
    > I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
    > ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...

    The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
    the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

    Only if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to backup
    the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS, can
    you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel
    > Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
    uninstall option to be available.

    Otherwise:

    How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052

    --

    Bruce Chambers

    Help us help you:
    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    both at once. - RAH

    Sorry about my "spelling" errors. XP was installed with a disk, and yes,
    someone installed XP for me with my disk but I do not have it with me and he
    is far away. Yes, he did partition my drive (I asked him) and with WIN98. I
    have found out that my SB 5.1 live sound card which was installed by CGD in
    March might be the problem. I downloaded driver, but computer says it doesn't
    detect sb card. I am taking it back to CGD. Thank you for responding, and
    helping me. I will be using the links. I read most postings here and have
    learned a lot. I hope this continues on for a long time, (even when all the
    glitches are fixed, because not all glitches are computerized) thanks again

    "Bruce Chambers" wrote:

    > murpharoo wrote:
    > > I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
    > > questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not compatiable
    > > with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
    > > speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My system
    > > keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable. I
    > > just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then take
    > > off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
    > > installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How do I
    > > do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step please,
    > > in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please help,
    > > I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
    > > ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...
    >

    > The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
    > the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.
    >
    > Only if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to backup
    > the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS, can
    > you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel
    > > Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
    > uninstall option to be available.
    >
    > Otherwise:
    >
    > How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you:
    > http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    > both at once. - RAH

    ps I did call a service person. He could not find the driver and CDG are the
    ones who installed the card for me and well, they gave me the wrong soundcard
    info when I asked for it, so, I was tired of using the "yellow pages", and it
    was suggested to me to try this site.

    "Bruce Chambers" wrote:

    > murpharoo wrote:
    > > I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
    > > questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not compatiable
    > > with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
    > > speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My system
    > > keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable. I
    > > just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then take
    > > off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
    > > installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How do I
    > > do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step please,
    > > in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please help,
    > > I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
    > > ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...
    >

    > The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
    > the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.
    >
    > Only if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to backup
    > the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS, can
    > you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel
    > > Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
    > uninstall option to be available.
    >
    > Otherwise:
    >
    > How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052
    >

    > --
    >
    > Bruce Chambers
    >
    > Help us help you: