ANYONE.help (uninstalling XP)

September 1, 2005 5:16:01 AM

I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not compatiable
with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My system
keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable. I
just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then take
off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How do I
do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step please,
in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please help,
I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...

More about : uninstalling

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 8:12:02 AM

Yellow Pages | Computer | Sales and Service

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/
Anonymous

Did you install XP on a separate partition or drive?
Can you boot to Win 98?
--
Ron Sommer

"murpharoo" <murpharoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
> questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not
> compatiable
> with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
> speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My
> system
> keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable.
> just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then
> take
> off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
> installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How
> do I
> do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step
> please,
> in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please
> help,
> I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
> ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...
September 1, 2005 1:36:26 PM

Murph

How did you install XP without a CD?.. did you do the installation or did a
friend do it for you?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"murpharoo" <murpharoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
> questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not
> compatiable
> with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
> speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My
> system
> keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable.
> just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then
> take
> off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
> installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How
> do I
> do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step
> please,
> in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please
> help,
> I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
> ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 10:41:48 PM

"murpharoo" <murpharoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have
posted
> questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not
compatiable
> with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
> speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My
system
> keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable.
> just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then
take
> off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
> installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How
do I
> do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step
please,
> in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please
help,
> I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
> ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...

I take it you wish to return to Win98. Is this correct? If so, can you still
run Win98? Did you set up your machine as a multi-boot machine? If
you still have Win98, why not just leave things as they are and address
the WinXP issues when you're a little more comfortable with PCs? And
a small point about computer lingo: It's compatible, not compatiable.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 11:38:31 PM

murpharoo wrote:
> I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
> questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not compatiable
> with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
> speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My system
> keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable. I
> just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then take
> off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
> installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How do I
> do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step please,
> in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please help,
> I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
> ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...

The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.

Only if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to backup
the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS, can
you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel
> Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
uninstall option to be available.

Otherwise:

How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH
Anonymous
September 6, 2005 10:10:03 AM

Sorry about my "spelling" errors. XP was installed with a disk, and yes,
someone installed XP for me with my disk but I do not have it with me and he
is far away. Yes, he did partition my drive (I asked him) and with WIN98. I
have found out that my SB 5.1 live sound card which was installed by CGD in
March might be the problem. I downloaded driver, but computer says it doesn't
detect sb card. I am taking it back to CGD. Thank you for responding, and
helping me. I will be using the links. I read most postings here and have
learned a lot. I hope this continues on for a long time, (even when all the
glitches are fixed, because not all glitches are computerized) thanks again

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> murpharoo wrote:
> > I have been having problems with my speakers, mic, sc burner. I have posted
> > questions for help, but still don't know. The cd burner is not compatiable
> > with XP, and I have no sound to my speakers. XP doesnt detect I have
> > speakers. Gone to sites, download all kinds of suggested things. My system
> > keeps crashing and applications and devices cause windows to be unstable. I
> > just installed XP, but I don't know how to take out the cd burner, then take
> > off all the drivers that are not compatiable and software. I have win98
> > installed too (I know duh)if i uninstall XP will I have just the 98? How do I
> > do uninstall it completely and properly? Could u tell me step by step please,
> > in human language. I am still learning the comp lingo. Anyone please help,
> > I really want to this over with for now until I can get the thing fixed.Oh
> > ya, i don't have my xp disk. Thanking anyone who answers me in advance...
>

> The normal way to "uninstall" any operating system is to format
> the hard drive and install a new OS of your choice.
>
> Only if you performed an upgrade from Win98/Me, elected to backup
> the old system files, and didn't convert the partition to NTFS, can
> you then boot into Safe Mode and click Start > Control Panel
> > Add/Remove Programs. All of these conditions must be met for the
> uninstall option to be available.
>
> Otherwise:
>
> How to Manually Remove Win XP and Restore Win9x
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q314052
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> both at once. - RAH

Anonymous
September 6, 2005 10:11:04 AM

ps I did call a service person. He could not find the driver and CDG are the
ones who installed the card for me and well, they gave me the wrong soundcard
info when I asked for it, so, I was tired of using the "yellow pages", and it
was suggested to me to try this site.

!