pop bumper coil bracket holder

Hi
I have a Monster Bash that has a pop bumper bracket coil holder that
has a broken (stripped?) bolt. The is the bolt that goes into the
playfield and holds the pop bumper coil bracket on underneath the
playfield. Does any one know the best way to replace this item?
Thanks
Jeff Rank

Pinball resource sells this part, it's actually a nail that has thread
on it. It comes down through the top of the PF. Unfortunately, you
have to remove the pop bumper to replace this. If I'm not mistaken on
Monter Bash, that means removing the ramp that's right there.

> I have a Monster Bash that has a pop bumper bracket coil holder that
> has a broken (stripped?) bolt. The is the bolt that goes into the
> playfield and holds the pop bumper coil bracket on underneath the
> playfield. Does any one know the best way to replace this item?

Disassemble the pop bumper and pound it out CAREFULLY from below. You
should be able to replace it with one from any parted out WMS game from the
90's.

You might try leaving it in and running the correct die on the bolt and see
if that helps or run the next smaller die on the bolt and getting a smaller
nut. Just a thought

--
Mike S.
Kalamazoo, MI

Gameroom: http://tinyurl.com/4hfev
W C S Owner's List: http://tinyurl.com/39cjo
M B Scoop Repair: http://tinyurl.com/9lfu

Careful is imperative, some of these games have studs for the pop bumpers
that hammer most of the way in and then are twisted for the last little bit.
If you hammer one of the ones that twists out, you can splinter the plywood.

Cleaning up the threads is a good idea too.

--
http://www.myhomegameroom.com