Power Management on Control Panel

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
System: Sony VAIO S Series Laptop

The Power Management icon has disappeared from my Control Panel's
"Performance and Maintenance" section, AND the Power icon in my System Tray
has disappeared and no longer comes on when I turn in my laptop.

Any ideas as to why this happened and/or how to get them back?
4 answers Last reply
More about power management control panel

    Hello,

    Under control panel, switch to the classic view by clicking the 'Switch to classic view' linkon the
    left pane. You should be able to see the power options icon now. In the power options applet, flip
    to the advanced tab and put a check next to 'Always show icon on the taskbar'. Ok your way out.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "cainabel23" <cainabel23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
    > System: Sony VAIO S Series Laptop
    >
    > The Power Management icon has disappeared from my Control Panel's
    > "Performance and Maintenance" section, AND the Power icon in my System Tray
    > has disappeared and no longer comes on when I turn in my laptop.
    >
    > Any ideas as to why this happened and/or how to get them back?

    Thank you very much. This certainly helped me find my Power Options icon.

    One further question: Is there any way to make the Power Options icon
    appear under Categories View in the Control Panel? Or will I only be able to
    see this icon in the Classic View?

    Once again, thanks for the help!

    Normally it is visiable under 'Other control panel icons' (at the bottom) in "Performance and
    maintenance" section of the control panel in the category view. Did you check there ?

    --

    > Thank you very much. This certainly helped me find my Power Options icon.
    >
    > One further question: Is there any way to make the Power Options icon
    > appear under Categories View in the Control Panel? Or will I only be able to
    > see this icon in the Classic View?
    >
    > Once again, thanks for the help!
  4. Quote:

    Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
    System: Sony VAIO S Series Laptop

    The Power Management icon has disappeared from my Control Panel's
    "Performance and Maintenance" section, AND the Power icon in my System Tray
    has disappeared and no longer comes on when I turn in my laptop.

    Any ideas as to why this happened and/or how to get them back?

Control Panel Management Power Windows XP