Power Management on Control Panel

September 1, 2005 5:48:04 AM

Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
System: Sony VAIO S Series Laptop

The Power Management icon has disappeared from my Control Panel's
"Performance and Maintenance" section, AND the Power icon in my System Tray
has disappeared and no longer comes on when I turn in my laptop.

Any ideas as to why this happened and/or how to get them back?
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 2:23:36 PM

Hello,

Under control panel, switch to the classic view by clicking the 'Switch to classic view' linkon the
left pane. You should be able to see the power options icon now. In the power options applet, flip
to the advanced tab and put a check next to 'Always show icon on the taskbar'. Ok your way out.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"cainabel23" <cainabel23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Operating System: Windows XP Home SP2
> System: Sony VAIO S Series Laptop
>
> The Power Management icon has disappeared from my Control Panel's
> "Performance and Maintenance" section, AND the Power icon in my System Tray
> has disappeared and no longer comes on when I turn in my laptop.
>
> Any ideas as to why this happened and/or how to get them back?
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 3:20:04 PM

Thank you very much. This certainly helped me find my Power Options icon.

One further question: Is there any way to make the Power Options icon
appear under Categories View in the Control Panel? Or will I only be able to
see this icon in the Classic View?

Once again, thanks for the help!
September 1, 2005 7:34:30 PM

Normally it is visiable under 'Other control panel icons' (at the bottom) in "Performance and
maintenance" section of the control panel in the category view. Did you check there ?

--

> Thank you very much. This certainly helped me find my Power Options icon.
>
> One further question: Is there any way to make the Power Options icon
> appear under Categories View in the Control Panel? Or will I only be able to
> see this icon in the Classic View?
>
> Once again, thanks for the help!
May 8, 2012 4:52:18 PM

Quote: