Duplicate program wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can anyone please recommend a good freeware or shareware program which picks
up duplicate documents and pictures?

Judy

dupfinder.exe is part of Windows Support Tools.

Windows Support Tools is on the XP CD.

Drive:\SUPPORT\TOOLS

Along with many useful tools built into the Windows operating system, over
40 additional Support Tools are included on the Windows CD.

Duplicate Finder - dupfinder.exe
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Futility3.asp#XSLTSection126121121120

Step by step: Track down unwanted files with duplicate finder
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Futility3.asp#XSLTSection127121121120

To install Windows Support Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tools_howto.mspx

Windows Support Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/default.asp?url=/windowsxp/home/using/productdoc/en/tools_overview.asp

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Support Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=49ae8576-9bb9-4126-9761-ba8011fabf38&displaylang=en

Using the Windows XP support tools
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Futility.asp

Using the Windows XP support tools (Part 2)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Futility2.asp

Using the Windows XP support tools (Part 3)
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2Fdirectory%2Fworldwide%2Fen-gb%2Futility3.asp

After installation, there should be a shortcut to Support Tools Help.
Start Menu\Programs\Windows Support Tools

And a shortcut to the Release Notes (readme.htm).

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:4316d4b2$1@duster.adelaide.on.net,
Judy L <Judy@home> hunted and pecked:
> Can anyone please recommend a good freeware or shareware program which
> picks up duplicate documents and pictures?
>
> Judy

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dupfilefinder.html

Regards
Mark Dormer

"Judy L" <Judy@home> wrote in message
> Can anyone please recommend a good freeware or shareware program which
> picks up duplicate documents and pictures?
>
> Judy

Good program, thanks

Judy

<alanwo@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Try NoClone to uncover duplicate documents and pictures regardless of
> file name and location. - http://noclone.net

Ok thanks for this, I'll check it all out.
Judy

> dupfinder.exe is part of Windows Support Tools.

Thanks, will check it out
Judy