Remote desktop problem

Hello, I have been using remote desktop to rdp into a host machine. It has been working with no problems. and it is still working with no problems on other machines. Today I was on this particular machine and the Power breaker was tripped which turned off the machine. After that I could not connect to the host computer anymore. It comes back with an error of Remote desktop cant connect to the remote computer for one of these reasons:
1 remote access to the server is not enabled
2 the remote computer is turned off
3the remote computer is not available on the network

all of these options are working cause I can connect on a different computer with no issues.

Please help.

Thanks,

Tony
10 answers Last reply
More about remote desktop problem
  1. try clearing your cache
    C:\Users\[UseName]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Terminal Server Client\Cache
  2. RGD1101 Thanks for the response. I tried that and it did not work...any other ideas?
  3. can you ping the machine?
  4. how do you do that?
  5. open a command prompt, type "ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" hit enter
  6. Could the remote PC's ip have changed? How do connect, by pc name, by ip address? Is the machine on your local network or at a different location?
  7. I pinged it and it came back with this

4 sent
    4 received
    0 loss

TTL expired in transit

Getoghkn...the ip has not changed on the host computer but it probably changed on this computer that I am having problems with. Not sure if that would make a difference or not.

I connect via the internet via an ip address followed by a :port number

THe host computer is in a different location

I can connect to the host from any other computer but this one will not allow it....I never had a problem with this machine until the power went down.
  8. bump
  9. any ideas today?
  10. still cant figure this out...anyone have any ideas?
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Remote Desktop Connection Computers Windows 7