internet explorer

Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's not
shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.
--
kwang
4 answers Last reply

    kwangmaier wrote:

    > Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's
    > not shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.

    You cannot download IE from the net. It is an integral part of Windows
    which is why it isn't shown in Add/Remove Programs. Tell us what
    problems you are having and we'll be able to give you focused
    troubleshooting steps.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com

    Internet Explorer Repair tool IE4UINIT.EXE.

    IE4UINIT.EXE = IE 5.0 Per-User Install Utility.

    Apparently it still works in XP.

    Start | Run | Type: IE4UINIT.EXE | Click OK

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:28A920E1-0DD9-40B2-A6AE-D14594D140BE@microsoft.com,
    kwangmaier <kwangmaier@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's not
    > shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.
    > --
    > kwang

    Hi

    What problem(s) have you got with IE?

    See if the following link helps:

    "How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
    XP"
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378

    --

    Will Denny
    MS MVP Windows Shell/User

    "kwangmaier" <kwangmaier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's not
    > shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.
    > --
    > kwang

    Here is a simpler way to reinstall the IE & OE:
    Insert the WinXP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM Drive,and then run "rundll32.exe
    setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%£ÜInf£Üie.inf"

    ---------
    Regards,
    Heelen Diyond

    "Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:uq8eVgurFHA.2768@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
    > Hi
    >
    > What problem(s) have you got with IE?
    >
    > See if the following link helps:
    >
    > "How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in
    > Windows XP"
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378
    >
    > --
    >

    > Will Denny
    > MS MVP Windows Shell/User
    > Please reply to the News Groups
    >
    > "kwangmaier" <kwangmaier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's
    >> not
    >> shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.
    >> --
    >> kwang

Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP