internet explorer

Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's not
shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.
--
kwang

Malke

kwangmaier wrote:

> Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's
> not shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.

You cannot download IE from the net. It is an integral part of Windows
which is why it isn't shown in Add/Remove Programs. Tell us what
problems you are having and we'll be able to give you focused
troubleshooting steps.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Internet Explorer Repair tool IE4UINIT.EXE.

IE4UINIT.EXE = IE 5.0 Per-User Install Utility.

Apparently it still works in XP.

Start | Run | Type: IE4UINIT.EXE | Click OK

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:28A920E1-0DD9-40B2-A6AE-D14594D140BE@microsoft.com,
kwangmaier <kwangmaier@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's not
> shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.
> --
> kwang

Hi

What problem(s) have you got with IE?

See if the following link helps:

"How to reinstall or repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express in Windows
XP"
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;318378

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User

"kwangmaier" <kwangmaier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to repair internet explorer in XP sp2, even though it's not
> shown in my add remove programs, or can it be updated of the net.
> --
> kwang

Here is a simpler way to reinstall the IE & OE:
Insert the WinXP CD-ROM into your CD-ROM Drive,and then run "rundll32.exe
setupapi,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 132 %windir%£ÜInf£Üie.inf"

---------
Regards,
Heelen Diyond

"Will Denny" <willdenny@mvps.org> дÈëÏûÏ¢ÐÂÎÅ:uq8eVgurFHA.2768@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...