Hyperball Q and info...

Just got a Hyperball and the playfield alphanumeric display
shows all the same "char"
----
|\| |
| |
| |
----
(or at least something pretty close to that, all the outside segments
are lit and top left and top-middle).
Im suspecting the PIA on the driver board, but wanted to check to see if
someone had a "see it already". I did see the same problem in the google
archive, but no response.

Also, I found balls for it (3/4" gr 25 chrome alloy) at McMaster-Carr
for 11.03/25pk - which is significantly less than I have seen them
elsewhere. They are p/n 9528 K29
http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP?tab=find&context=psrchDtlLink&fasttrack=False&searchstring=9528K29

tia
/Tim

Del

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2001

Tim,
If you see you need a working display, I have one I'd sell from a
Hyperball.
You can e-mail me at my AOL address,,, Thanks !

Pin-Del,
Delmail333 AT aol DOT
Com

I don't have one but if you can take out the display and put it in the
players score if same see if it does the same thing, if it does then check
the solder connections on the display board pins for continuity, maybe just
needs some solder work done.

Trin
"Tim Iskander" <tim.iskander@criticallink.com> wrote in message
> Just got a Hyperball and the playfield alphanumeric display
> shows all the same "char"
> ----
> |\| |
> | |
> | |
> ----
> (or at least something pretty close to that, all the outside segments are
> lit and top left and top-middle).
> Im suspecting the PIA on the driver board, but wanted to check to see if
> someone had a "see it already". I did see the same problem in the google
> archive, but no response.
>
> Also, I found balls for it (3/4" gr 25 chrome alloy) at McMaster-Carr
> for 11.03/25pk - which is significantly less than I have seen them
> elsewhere. They are p/n 9528 K29
> http://www.mcmaster.com/itm/find.ASP?tab=find&context=psrchDtlLink&fasttrack=False&searchstring=9528K29
>
> tia
> /Tim

I believe the playfield display is twelve digit, not 6, 7, 14, or 16.
It's been a while since I have had one up and running. I have one
buried in the back room I am starting to think about again. Darn.

Mario
Pinthetic

Just for the archives... it was the PIA (IC12).
/Tim