access to BIOS setup Deskpro4000

hi everyone,

I got an old Deskpro4000.
The system is not booting from CD and I want to change that to install an
new OS. With which keys can I enter the BIOS setup?

I tried all F-keys but no key is getting me into the BIOS.

I hope some smart brain can help me.

Any help much appreciated
TIA

dbyy

Compaq usually uses the F10 key to access the BIOS setup. If it's an older
computer like a Pentium "1" or an early Pentium II, don't be surprised if the
BIOS does not have an option to boot from CD... Ben Myers

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote in

> Compaq usually uses the F10 key to access the BIOS setup. If it's an
> older computer like a Pentium "1" or an early Pentium II, don't be
> surprised if the BIOS does not have an option to boot from CD... Ben
> Myers
>
> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 20:08:38 GMT, dbyy <noname@fooled.com> wrote:
>
>>hi everyone,
>>
>>I got an old Deskpro4000.
>>The system is not booting from CD and I want to change that to install
>>an new OS. With which keys can I enter the BIOS setup?
>>
>>I tried all F-keys but no key is getting me into the BIOS.
>>
>>I hope some smart brain can help me.
>>
>>Any help much appreciated
>>TIA
>>
>>dbyy

thanks Ben,

F10 key is not working..
Guess have to get out the old MS-DOS floppies :-(

Thanks again
Fred

hh

....or check the Compaq FAQ to find out what to do if F10 doesn't work.
HH