Systems freezes when trying to install WIN XP Home OEM

Me again.
I've had several instances where my system loads the devices from the
WIN XP Home Oem CD-ROM and then when it gets to "Setup IS Starting
Windows," the system hangs and doesn't continue with the install.

I have no OS on the system to check any of the drivers/applications
running other than the setup. I need serious help with this damn
disc!

Thunder

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I had the same problem using a MSI motherboard. Never did get the problem
resolved even with other profession help. I bought another motherboard and
had no problems.

noizyme wrote:

> Me again.
> I've had several instances where my system loads the devices from the
> WIN XP Home Oem CD-ROM and then when it gets to "Setup IS Starting
> Windows," the system hangs and doesn't continue with the install.
>
> I have no OS on the system to check any of the drivers/applications
> running other than the setup. I need serious help with this damn
> disc!

Test your RAM.

www.memtest86.com

http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp