Sign in with
Your question

Windows is starting.......................

Last response: in Windows 7
November 14, 2012 12:22:54 AM

ok, i have a sony vaio laptop that ive had for about 6-7 years. ive scince updated to windows 7 pro version but today i was using my laptop, closed it opened it a hour later and it wont start up. its taking me to a dos window that says launch start up repair or start windows normally. if i choose launch start up repair it starts to load with hard drive light flashing. the screen stays black for about a minute or 2 then a windows wallpaper image comes up centered on the screen..hard drive indicator flasshes a bit then goes off and the screen stays as is. nothing happens. now if i do the start windows normally, it ends in the same result. windaows background comes up and a screen that says windows it starting comes up and nothing ever starts..with hard drive flashing light off.

i have a windows 7 disc in the laptop that is not the one i used to originally install the os. butits set to first boot from the dvd drive which it does, begains to go into the instillation process but after the choose my language and country it goes into the windows is starting screen again and stYs there..hard drive light not flashing once again.

im stumped..any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

More about : windows starting

a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 14, 2012 12:27:34 AM

Hi :) 

Sounds like a hardware problem.... it could be a failing hard drive caused by the new Windows load...

Run a hard drive test in DOS....Ultimate Boot CD etc...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
November 14, 2012 12:37:26 AM

Well it was working fine then I closed it up.. Reopened it then I started having this issue.. I installed windows 7 months and months ago. What's the process of being able to run a hard drive test. Do I actually need to go buy software or is is something I can do here through dos?.. Thanks
m
l
Related resources
a c 249 D Laptop
a b $ Windows 7
November 14, 2012 12:44:05 AM

Juztmystyle said:
Well it was working fine then I closed it up.. Reopened it then I started having this issue.. I installed windows 7 months and months ago. What's the process of being able to run a hard drive test. Do I actually need to go buy software or is is something I can do here through dos?.. Thanks

Hi :) 

You should easily find that software for free on the net...

All the best Brett :) 
m
l
November 14, 2012 12:46:33 AM

Crap.. The only thing I have to download software is this busted laptop!
m
l
November 14, 2012 1:04:57 AM

Is there a way to delete or erase the hard drive all together the reinstall windows by booting up the install by cd?.. Or is that not possible.. And if it is possible can you might point me in the right direction for a step by step process on how to do that?
m
l
!