andrern2000

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2010
I planned to get a new display. Should I get a new LCD or LED?

LED is newer in technology, but it uses Diode. It provides more contrast, but I don't know; my hazard guess is this is gonna be bright and possibly too-bright and hurting eyes. Perhaps also more radiation from the monitor?
LCD is older technology, but it uses liquid crystal, and so suppressed much radiation, resulting cooler and not-too-bright color to eyes.

So what do you think?

Solution
I got an LED and it's not burning my eyes. It's cool, especially on daylight, you don't get bothered by the sunlight as much you would have with a normal LCD. I can't tell you for sure, since I had only one LCD and probably wasn't the best one, I had a Samsung Syncmaster 22" and now I got an LG LED 22" and I can notice the difference between those two.

Humpy

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2010
I got an LED and it's not burning my eyes. It's cool, especially on daylight, you don't get bothered by the sunlight as much you would have with a normal LCD. I can't tell you for sure, since I had only one LCD and probably wasn't the best one, I had a Samsung Syncmaster 22" and now I got an LG LED 22" and I can notice the difference between those two.

Solution