Cannot change or remove password

Windows XP Pro will not let me change or delete my password. On
entering my current password to verify my identity it says "The
password you typed is incorrect. Please retype your current password".

The password I entered was definitely correct!
3 answers Last reply
More about cannot change remove password

    Perhaps you had caps lock on? If not, I don't know what the problem might
    be...try asking anyone else who uses the computer if they might have changed
    the password without you knowing it.

    As I think I made clear, I know the password! It's just this bit of XP
    that thinks I don't.

    Have worked around the problem - turned off 'Use the Welcome Screen',
    then it let me change the password without complaint. Then turned the
    Welcome Screen back on.

    A nasty bug. I don't think much of XP's user management at the best of
    times... The Administrator account get hidden from you in certain
    modes....or does it get deleted?! It's all like smoke and mirrors. You
    can't tell what's really going on.

    How could he log on then without knowing the right password?!
    "robyng7" <robyng7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Perhaps you had caps lock on? If not, I don't know what the problem might
    > be...try asking anyone else who uses the computer if they might have
    > changed
    > the password without you knowing it.

Windows XP Microsoft