Cannot change or remove password

September 1, 2005 11:05:31 AM

Windows XP Pro will not let me change or delete my password. On
entering my current password to verify my identity it says "The
password you typed is incorrect. Please retype your current password".

The password I entered was definitely correct!

More about : change remove password

Anonymous
September 1, 2005 11:16:13 AM

Perhaps you had caps lock on? If not, I don't know what the problem might
be...try asking anyone else who uses the computer if they might have changed
the password without you knowing it.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 4:18:18 PM

As I think I made clear, I know the password! It's just this bit of XP
that thinks I don't.

Have worked around the problem - turned off 'Use the Welcome Screen',
then it let me change the password without complaint. Then turned the
Welcome Screen back on.

A nasty bug. I don't think much of XP's user management at the best of
times... The Administrator account get hidden from you in certain
modes....or does it get deleted?! It's all like smoke and mirrors. You
can't tell what's really going on.
Anonymous
September 2, 2005 12:08:20 AM

How could he log on then without knowing the right password?!
!